Notices

Sounds stupid, but some pointers might help??

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2006, 01:54 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Sounds stupid, but some pointers might help??

Being a student at coventry university doesnt make scooby ownership all that cool, as it doesnt consume petrol, but swallows it lol. So i've decided not to sell my car but put it aside for weekend and track use. While i will drive around in some bangger.

How far can i go with mods, without getting a remap. Dont get me wrong i do plan to get a remap from Andy forrest complete with fmic fitted, just not yet. But what can i do in the mean time? Full decat, induction kit, pulleys, samco's, walbro fuel pump, carbon bonnet, brake upgrade (most of it is to be done yet)...... but what else can i do. What do headers do, will new ones help bhp++? I already have teins so thats a bonus. Any other pointers will be appreciated. cheereo!

oh and whats louder, the scoobyworld vortex or tsl tiphoon.
Old 21 March 2006, 03:02 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could do all of the above mods without a remap (maybe except the fmic), however you would need to monitor for det etc.

Of course the remap would totally transform the car with those mods, and may well help with fuel economy a bit as well.

For loud exhaust, I run a tsl grp a decat downpipe, straight through centre section (unsilenced) and a scoobyclinic backbox. It really does make the engine growl (the pops and bangs on overrun are good as well)