Notices

VOS chip and CEL-light

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 07:16 PM
boan81
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOS chip and CEL-light

I have a VOS chip installed on my wrx my93 and i have heard that i would get teh CEL all the time.

I only get CEL when i release the throttle. So when i´m acceleration or driving on normal throttle the CEL is not on.

Is that normal or a thing i should worry about?
Old 14 March 2006, 07:17 PM
boan81
Scooby Newbie

I just found out that the CEL is on because i have installed a dawes device and because of that not using the Pressure exchange solenoid valve.

So the chip is not triggering the CEL. Am i suppose to worry about that?
Old 15 March 2006, 11:44 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boan81
I just found out that the CEL is on because i have installed a dawes device and because of that not using the Pressure exchange solenoid valve.

So the chip is not triggering the CEL. Am i suppose to worry about that?
That sounds odd to me.

Surely fitting the dawes you have just bypassed the boost solenoid but the pressure exchange solenoid should still be hooked up. That's inline before the map sensor so if it's disconnected then I expect you would be getting a permanent cel code to be honest.

The cel code caused by the voschip when it's used on an impreza is something that relates to injectors (double check this is the code you are getting just in case) but if that's the only code you have you should be ok to ignore it according to Adrian Vos. If you have other codes then they obviously need sorting so you need to check which you are getting.

The injector related code is because the chip is designed for the legacy btw
Old 16 March 2006, 07:19 AM
boan81
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Cret
That sounds odd to me.

Surely fitting the dawes you have just bypassed the boost solenoid but the pressure exchange solenoid should still be hooked up. That's inline before the map sensor so if it's disconnected then I expect you would be getting a permanent cel code to be honest.

The cel code caused by the voschip when it's used on an impreza is something that relates to injectors (double check this is the code you are getting just in case) but if that's the only code you have you should be ok to ignore it according to Adrian Vos. If you have other codes then they obviously need sorting so you need to check which you are getting.

The injector related code is because the chip is designed for the legacy btw
I´m just getting code 45 Pressure sensor –Pressure exchange solenoid valve
Old 16 March 2006, 08:11 AM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Can you describe how you have hooked up the dawes, ie where the pipes from & to it go exactly, is the boost solenoid disconnected etc etc.

It sounds like either something is connected up wrong to me, or possibly the vacuum line to the PES/MAP sensor are loose/split/cracked etc.
Old 16 March 2006, 01:02 PM
boan81
Scooby Newbie

I´m not sure. It was a friend of mine that installed it. I´ll have a check this weekend
Old 16 March 2006, 02:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the pressure solenoid still wired up. If you install a dawes you unplumb it but leave it wired up because if you don't it causes a CEL. Worth a thought.
Old 16 March 2006, 02:12 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

45 Pressure sensor –Pressure exchange solenoid valve

I think this is the brown solenoid with the little blck filter top hat. Not the boost control solenoid.
Old 16 March 2006, 11:27 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Is the pressure solenoid still wired up. If you install a dawes you unplumb it but leave it wired up because if you don't it causes a CEL. Worth a thought.
Are you sure Paul? I'm going to have to check mine now but I'm sure mine is still hooked up. The feed comes direct from the manifold to the PES, then through that to the MAP sensor iirc....

Originally Posted by Scott.T
45 Pressure sensor –Pressure exchange solenoid valve

I think this is the brown solenoid with the little blck filter top hat. Not the boost control solenoid.
Yes it is. Reddish brown thing that sits horizontally at the front of the driver's strut turret, and has a tiny filter on it. There should be a hose going between it and the MAP sensor.