Notices

APEXI POWER FC????????????

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2006, 07:28 PM
Brian Paterson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APEXI POWER FC????????????

I am going to buy an APEXI POWER FC & COMMANDER for a MY00 uk turbo and was wonderin with this fitted along with a replacement panel filter, full de-cat and re-mapped what kinda power will it be capable of?? Also is an APEXI POWER FC the best mod to go for if i'm spendin that kind of cash? Any help is much appreciated Cheers, Brian
Old 12 March 2006, 07:33 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Brian.

I had the Apexi on my 97 UK turbo. Out of all the mods that I had on there (and there were a few) this was without doubt the best mod I fitted.

Very similar to your spec initially with a few extra bits I got 290 bhp on the TD04 turbo. Changed to TD05 and added a few extras and went to 320 bhp.

The figures dont really tell the story though. I got mine mapped by Andy Forrest and told him I wanted low/ mid range punch. End result was simply fantastic.

I can assure you wont be disappointed mate.
Old 12 March 2006, 07:39 PM
Brian Paterson
Scooby Newbie

I like the sound of that mate, i've found a brand new one still in the box for £399 from some jap company, does this sound too cheap to be true? is the TD04 the standard turbo that's on mine? i've been told andy forrest is the man for re-mappin, i'd be more than happy with 290bhp
Old 12 March 2006, 08:35 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

nope i know of 2 places in jap land selling for around that price but remember the import tax
Old 12 March 2006, 09:21 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Paterson
I like the sound of that mate, i've found a brand new one still in the box for £399 from some jap company, does this sound too cheap to be true? is the TD04 the standard turbo that's on mine? i've been told andy forrest is the man for re-mappin, i'd be more than happy with 290bhp
Andy is your man no question.

Is that price with the Commander? If so it's very good. Mine cost £800.00 but that included the cost of mapping from Andy. Thought it safer if he supplied, fitted and mapped at the same time. Just make sure you get the right one if you are getting one shipped.

290 bhp should not be an issue on the standard TD04 turbo. I achieved this on standard (380) injectors and TMIC. Other mods at this time included boost controller; full decat; samcos. Boost set to 1.3 IIRC

I later upgraded the turbo (cheap upgrade £350.00) to a TD05 FE; added FSE as the injectors were operating at over 90% and a powertec induction kit and Andy remapped to 320 bhp with 310lbs torque.

Ran with octane booster but never saw any det on the knocklink after Andy had worked his magic.
Old 12 March 2006, 11:02 PM
sparkplug
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Look at this web site for Apexi FC
www.nengun.com
you have to register on the site to get prices but its free.
Old 13 March 2006, 06:53 PM
Brian Paterson
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RLE
Andy is your man no question.

Is that price with the Commander? If so it's very good. Mine cost £800.00 but that included the cost of mapping from Andy. Thought it safer if he supplied, fitted and mapped at the same time. Just make sure you get the right one if you are getting one shipped.

290 bhp should not be an issue on the standard TD04 turbo. I achieved this on standard (380) injectors and TMIC. Other mods at this time included boost controller; full decat; samcos. Boost set to 1.3 IIRC

I later upgraded the turbo (cheap upgrade £350.00) to a TD05 FE; added FSE as the injectors were operating at over 90% and a powertec induction kit and Andy remapped to 320 bhp with 310lbs torque.

Ran with octane booster but never saw any det on the knocklink after Andy had worked his magic.
Yes that price includes the commander, what is the commander for. can i change the output from the ECU with it? How much do you think andy will take just for a re-map? cheers mate
Old 14 March 2006, 05:32 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Paterson
Yes that price includes the commander, what is the commander for. can i change the output from the ECU with it? How much do you think andy will take just for a re-map? cheers mate
The price Andy charged 18 months ago was in the region of £300.00. This may have increased slightly since then. Factor in his travelling costs if he has to come to you but these can be split with another car if you can get someone to share? He charged me an additional £200.00 top come to Manchester and I split this three ways in the end which was a damn site cheaper than going to Scotland.

Best thing would be to mail him directly-he's usually very receptive to queries.

I stayed well away from the Commander once fitted and mapped. It allows you to play about with the map and you can change a lot of things. Certainly didn't want to mess around with it just in case I cocked it up.
Old 14 March 2006, 07:07 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Iv'e seen the place your on about, it's on ebay for £399.

But as already said, remember to add VAT and possible import tax
at around 3% and postage, still a good price though.

Depending on where you are in the country, consider Paul who
runs Zen Performance, he is situated in Wellingborough in Northants.

His charge for just a remap is £250.00

Rob