Notices

bhp guess

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 05:51 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bhp guess

what sort of bhp do you thing i should be hitting, ive got a uk 95. heres the list.

custom airfillter set up.
480 sti injectors.
full magnex decat + back box.
td05 turbo.
z4 ecu.
lightend flywheel.
light pullies, alternator/ cranck pullie.
welbo 255 fuel pump.

this is the engine side anyways. what do you think i should get...
Old 22 February 2006, 06:00 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

for got to add' notification by e-mall'
Old 22 February 2006, 07:42 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

i would say about 250 ish at a push. Would go to an aftermarket ecu and you would get over 300 prob about 320 ish with that spec
Old 22 February 2006, 07:51 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd guess at high 200's...... ish!
Old 22 February 2006, 07:59 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
I'd guess at high 200's...... ish!
the car with out the inectors, ecu,four branch, airfilter. & lightend flywheel is 249bhp & 265 with high octain fuel. its been on the rollers. all it had was a chiped ecu, decat. tdo5. i was told that as it was but with a apexi, should see around 310bhp. but as i said, ive added. the airfilter, injectors, fuel pump, lightend flywheel. four branch, z4 ecu, and the light pullies. i should gain bhp not loose.
Old 22 February 2006, 08:01 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like i said, high 200's... ie, 28? or 29?.... lucky to get 300 i'd say... but maybe....
Old 22 February 2006, 08:20 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
Like i said, high 200's... ie, 28? or 29?.... lucky to get 300 i'd say... but maybe....
i'll be happy for around that mark. i claims for the parts im fitting are very high, but exspariance tells me different. as i said before i changed any thing, the car was, 249/265bhp. the parts are like, four branch 25bhp, lightend flywheel 30bhp. light pullies 15bhp. injectors?. airfilter upto 9bhp.if i get around the 185/190bhp. idd be very happy, basicly. i dont have a clue what will be higher. most of you lot on here, have done all this. thats why im asking. well thanks guys.
Old 22 February 2006, 08:21 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dabow
the car with out the inectors, ecu,four branch, airfilter. & lightend flywheel is 249bhp & 265 with high octain fuel. its been on the rollers. all it had was a chiped ecu, decat. tdo5. i was told that as it was but with a apexi, should see around 310bhp. but as i said, ive added. the airfilter, injectors, fuel pump, lightend flywheel. four branch, z4 ecu, and the light pullies. i should gain bhp not loose.
From what you are saying you have replaced the chipped ecu with a z4 and you got 249bhp with the chipped ecu? That would probably mean your running less boost now therefore less power. With a power fc and the mods you have I think you could get 320 ish quite easily. The top mount is good I believe for about 350 but your injectors would be maxed out by then.
Bigger injectors on there own will not give an increase in power whilst running a standard ecu. Infact it will probably even lose you power and will certainly hurt economy.
Old 22 February 2006, 08:23 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Also a lightened flywheel will not give you an extra 30bhp. It will reduce the power lost through transmission//drivetrain but I would be surprised if it was the equivalent of 30bhp
Old 22 February 2006, 08:31 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
From what you are saying you have replaced the chipped ecu with a z4 and you got 249bhp with the chipped ecu? That would probably mean your running less boost now therefore less power. With a power fc and the mods you have I think you could get 320 ish quite easily. The top mount is good I believe for about 350 but your injectors would be maxed out by then.
Bigger injectors on there own will not give an increase in power whilst running a standard ecu. Infact it will probably even lose you power and will certainly hurt economy.
, you hit it on the nail. the fuel is quite bad. the chip which was on. seemed to only add. 15bhp. with 240/246bhp with highoctain fuel. havent a clue why. i was told the same as you said, around 320/330 bhp with an apexi. the inter cooler i changed to the larger wrx ra slanty top mount. slightly larger cooling than standard. im trying to keep the car looking/sounding standard. but keeping fuel to a resonable level. im still im mixed mind about chipping the z4. just to see what it would change..
Old 22 February 2006, 08:44 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Also a lightened flywheel will not give you an extra 30bhp. It will reduce the power lost through transmission//drivetrain but I would be surprised if it was the equivalent of 30bhp
ya ok matty, as i put. this is the claim from the company im getting it from. it'll cost 200 quid. i just put the claims from the comanys that sell them.
Old 22 February 2006, 09:55 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

ya ok matty, as i put. this is the claim from the company im getting it from. it'll cost 200 quid. i just put the claims from the comanys that sell them.
A lightened flywheel doesnt do anything to the combustion of the engine, all it will do as I say is reduce transmission losses. So instead of having say 180bhp at the wheels you could have 190 at the wheels (figures are just an example) so although flywheel power wont improve, power at wheels will.
Old 22 February 2006, 10:03 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you fit larger injectors on the standard map it will run less power as it will just run way to rich.

biggest problem will be that intercooler and the map.. the RA intercooler is the same as the standard one if I remember correct..

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 10:04 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

A lightened flywheel doesnt do anything to the combustion of the engine, all it will do as I say is reduce transmission losses. So instead of having say 180bhp at the wheels you could have 190 at the wheels (figures are just an example) so although flywheel power wont improve, power at wheels will.
worth getting or not. good hand, better responce. bad hand, nothing really. but should be a smoother change, im still listening. im new to the world of turbos. so what ever im told. i take note. oringinally, i was after a guess of the bhp. im getting what i want, a guide of what to do. thanks...
im putting this flywheel in next month when i change the clutch..
Old 22 February 2006, 10:22 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
if you fit larger injectors on the standard map it will run less power as it will just run way to rich.

biggest problem will be that intercooler and the map.. the RA intercooler is the same as the standard one if I remember correct..

Simon
the ra cooler is very slightly larger to the rear, when compaired to the standard uk cooler. the car i have is a/was a standard uk95. every thing ive done. had improved the car. the injectors are better, not to much bigger from the 380cc. the ecu i had before was a 7d uk, the ecu z4 is better for the 440/480 sti phase two injectors. the engine is running cooler now too.the only thing i dont like is the speed limitor.
Old 22 February 2006, 10:34 PM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

the ra cooler is very slightly larger to the rear, when compaired to the standard uk cooler. the car i have is a/was a standard uk95. every thing ive done. had improved the car. the injectors are better, not to much bigger from the 380cc. the ecu i had before was a 7d uk, the ecu z4 is better for the 440/480 sti phase two injectors. the engine is running cooler now too.the only thing i dont like is the speed limitor.
dabow, what do you mean by "speed limiter"?
Old 22 February 2006, 10:54 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Oldfella
dabow, what do you mean by "speed limiter"?
the jap ecu has a limitor built in, to take it off the jap wrx, you slow the spedo down. now i have an uk impreza. you carnt slow them clocks down. the ecu cuts when you reach 112mph.some where built in the spedo is a sender, which sends a signal. to the ecu. there is a place so im told that can take this eather off or change the signal.. basicly if you run any jap ecu on uk cars, thay limit the top end speed...
Old 22 February 2006, 10:58 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

The Z4 is a 380cc injector map.. it will be running rich..

The phase 2 yellow injectors are 440cc btw.

Water temp cooler or EGT?

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 11:11 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

The Z4 is a 380cc injector map.. it will be running rich..

The phase 2 yellow injectors are 440cc btw.

Water temp cooler or EGT?

Simon
thanks for this, i was only told that the injector run better as thay have multi point injection. circulating air to the fuel betting giving smoother egnition to standard 380cc single spray. as i said im still lerning regards the turbos. but the water + the temp gauge seems to be cooler. the car gos quicker & smother too. i now once ive changed all the parts, i will need to change the ecu to something like the apexi fc, i put the z4 on the car as its got a safer map to having a chiped 7d ecu. i am taking note of all im told. so
Old 23 February 2006, 08:51 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

has the fuel pressure been tweaked down to compensate?
Old 23 February 2006, 09:00 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

has the fuel pressure been tweaked down to compensate?
the fuel presure should be a little lowr as the fuel will be used a little more. well untill i change the pump to the welbow 255 that is.
Old 23 February 2006, 09:05 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

no the fuel pressure in the rails will be regulated to standard pressure if you have the standard fuel pressure regulator on there. 440 injectors is not enough to lower the fuel pressure by using lots of fuel out of the rails etc..
Old 23 February 2006, 09:06 AM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

no the fuel pressure in the rails will be regulated to standard pressure if you have the standard fuel pressure regulator on there. 440 injectors is not enough to lower the fuel pressure by using lots of fuel out of the rails etc..
Can we expect to see a big bang shortly?
Old 23 February 2006, 09:11 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
mmmm, i hope not. even though im getting an apexi soon, ive found a chip. that will change the settings. the car should be fine as the psi is standard at the mo. if i was running quite high boost then i would have said yes to going bang. touch wood, the cars running fine...
Old 23 February 2006, 09:12 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

im also thinking of getting a nocklink fitted.
Old 23 February 2006, 09:17 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
yup...

are you actually going to get this crate tested? if not why are we all guessing?
Old 23 February 2006, 09:20 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

if it is running very rich you will be washing the bores of oil..
Old 23 February 2006, 09:29 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neilo
yup...

are you actually going to get this crate tested? if not why are we all guessing?
thats the point, i am. i just thought some of you guys on here would have done all this to your cars. and would be able to tell me eather what else i could do, or around abouts bhp mark. for some reson the theads gone on to over fueling, it ant. im still doing the same if not more miles as when i first got the car. on a tank i'll get 260, some times a little more. i now over fueling would be bad. ive even lost the smell of fuel from the car. you now when you go for it and then drive slow, thats what it was doing before i changed the ecu to a z4. im just wondering what the bhp would be, thats all....
Old 23 February 2006, 11:22 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Not only are the injectors making the car rich when open loop, but there is a possibility of the 255 pump overpowering the regulator and making the car run richer! you may well be getting similar mileage due to the previous chip running the car rich also! Also if most miles are done closed loop then the ECU should be able to adjust fueling to get decent AFRs irrespective of larger injectors.

Personally I'd refit the 380's untill you get the funds for a remap. I think a decent remap should get you low 300's
Old 23 February 2006, 11:39 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

What Jay said except open and closed loop is around the other way..

sorry sound picky now..

Quick Reply: bhp guess