Notices

STI engine mounts....where from ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2006, 10:55 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question STI engine mounts....where from ?

As above & for how much ?

D

Last edited by Dunk; 25 January 2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 25 January 2006, 11:53 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger Clark Motor Sport.
Old 26 January 2006, 12:17 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Lateral Performance...170 quid for the set of three uprated Group N mounts (even heavier duty than the Sti parts)
Old 26 January 2006, 07:54 AM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Thks

D
Old 26 January 2006, 09:25 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

The list price for all three is 139.36 plus VAT = £163. 75 from RCMS and they may be prepared to do a deal.

Tim : Does Mark not buy the Group 'N' mounts from RCMS in the first place???
Old 26 January 2006, 12:29 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

I've no idea Harvey, but it could just as likely be the other way round...bearing in mind the tangled web that is the Subaru aftermarket business
Old 26 January 2006, 11:41 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Funny how you often jump on threads where I have recommended RCMS or whatever and you say try Lateral or "Speak to Mark". If it is not you it is Adam and up to now I have ignored it. I understand you guys want to support your mate and I try to avoid threads where you have already made a recommendation unless I know for sure of a better product or price. Now in this instance I have provided the list price and I happen to know where Mark buys his engine and gearbox mounts from.
Might be a good idea if we keep out of each others road otherwise I will put a bit more effort in to any recommendations I make.
Old 27 January 2006, 12:09 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Harvey lighten up...check out the time of posting, you may well have got your post up first but at that time I was in the midst of writing my reply and was checking (which takes a while with no search function) the price someone else had recently quoted that they had paid from Mark...see Graham's posts here because DunK had also asked for an idea of the cost which I was trying to answer
Old 27 January 2006, 11:45 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I'll keep away from your recommendation posts for Mark unless I know of a better, more cost effective product. Automatic "Speak to Mark " posts are not what this board should be about.
Extend me the same courteousy and I will happily by you a beer next time we meet.
Old 27 January 2006, 01:26 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

I totally agree on the automatic response, I honestly only recommend Mark when I believe he can offer a viable solution, advice or competative price...

I recommend a whole load of other people when I think they can help; Alyn, Andy, Autosportif, Bob, Pat, Paul, Simon, SMG etc even RCMS it entirely depends on the subject matter and personal past experience...
Old 27 January 2006, 05:36 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Old 27 January 2006, 05:42 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Ordered from Mark, regardless of where they originate from he's the cheapest of GGR, TEG & RCM.

D
Old 27 January 2006, 05:53 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Harvey, I guess that would suggest you are not quite the authoritive figure on all things subaru that you imply in the manner of your posts.

You really do come across in perhaps the wrong light when you post in the manner as you have above.
Old 27 January 2006, 07:19 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

stop
Old 27 January 2006, 07:26 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Applies to all
Old 28 January 2006, 01:43 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Steven : As an accountant I thought you would be able to read and count.
"Lateral 170 quid."

"The list price for all three is 139.36 plus VAT = £163. 75 from RCMS and they may be prepared to do a deal."
Old 28 January 2006, 08:26 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Dont be rude Harvey, i could apply the same comment to you!

Posted by Dunk (the person who wanted the mounts)
Ordered from Mark, regardless of where they originate from he's the cheapest of GGR, TEG & RCM.
Old 28 January 2006, 09:29 AM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Steven : As an accountant I thought you would be able to read and count.
"Lateral 170 quid."

"The list price for all three is 139.36 plus VAT = £163. 75 from RCMS and they may be prepared to do a deal."
FYI The RCMS price is for STI mounts rather than the GrpN Lateral mounts, therefore £6.25 doesn't tell the whole story.

D
Old 28 January 2006, 10:50 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

That must be why Mark bought two sets from RCMS on Thursday then.
Dunk : Get your facts right, the RCMS are :

Part No:
SPE177 GRPN Engine Mount RH GDB/GC8 x 1 £39.99 Retail
SPE178 GRPN Engine Mount LH GDB/GC8 x 1 £39.99 Retail
SPE82 GRPN Modified GC8 Gearbox M x 1 £59.38 Retail

Steven : You have already been cheeky to me elsewhere. I think it's quite fair to expect a bean counter to be able to read, count and comprehend. Your conculsions are not backed up by the fact.
If you want to bait me and post against me that's up to you.
I remember when you came and shook my hand at Prosport. From that time as far as I have been concerned any past animosity was ended and I have either supported your cause or been totally neutral. I am all for an easy quiet life and remember the past angst and so forth.
Think about it because I would rather continue to support you or at the least be neutral but if you want to slight me you will receive a response.

How is your new Roger Clark engine ? I am surprised Mark is getting them to do a rebuild for him too. I did think that David Wilde and SMG were your preferred suppliers.
Old 28 January 2006, 11:41 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Harvey, what on earth are you trying to acheive with this aggressive attitude of late?

You're coming accross at the moment that if you are the first person to answer a question you then own the thread and everyone must do as you say what gives? There is such a thing as free will, people are capable of making their own choices! If people don't agree with you or choose to heed your recomendations why take it so seriously.

Dunk is obviously happy with his choice, by the sounds of it RCM don't loose out (they made a sale whatever) life goes on...lighten up, there are bigger things in life to worry about than a set of engine mounts or an air filter!
Old 29 January 2006, 01:20 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

Harvey,

I will keep this brief, because neither you, or a set of engine mounts are worth any more of my time, let alone my astonishment in the lack of integrity Roger Clark have shown in breaking a customer confidence !!!

1) Yes I sometimes buy the engine mounts from Roger Clark.

2) My selling price of £170.00 delivered was posted in this, amongst other threads.

3) You made a point of calling Roger Clark, and no doubt spoke to Olli, to get the pricing to post on the thread, and posted £163.75, stating they were cheaper than the £170.00 I quoted.

4) Dunk stated I was still cheaper, even though there may have been some confusion over what the product was,

5) The problem, is that you neglected to include the cost of shipping, which would actually make the Roger Clark price more expensive, because my price INCLUDES delivery, and is no doubt why I was given the order.

6) Yes, Steven is a bean counter, and has shown himself to be more adept at it than some others, who feel they can do it better !!!

I really hope that Roger Clark feels this whole exercise was worth both their efforts to win a £163.38 + delivery order, and the loss of their INTEGRITY.

Mark.

Last edited by R19KET; 29 January 2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 29 January 2006, 09:06 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

I am not baiting anyone Harvey. I merely apposed your strong view that RCMS was the cheapest place, based on the post by Dunk, who by the very nature of his post implies that he rung every company he mentioned and obtained a price (which, i would do anyway), and the outcome of his calls suggests that Lateral were the cheapest.

As for being cheeky elsewhere, that wasnt cheek, that was me saying that in that particular thread, IMO you came across as a prat, (which i would say to anyone i know if they were doing the same) and my view has been backed up by others in that thread.

Anyway, i have some "bean counting" to do, so i wont talk about it anymore, i honestly cant be ar5ed to discuss anything with you in this manner, as your only hvae two views on things, Harvey's view and a wrong view.

Onto the final matter.

I am slightly dissapointed that RCMS have divulged that my short block was built by them, as up until the 3rd January when the block was collected, i was only aware of 3 people knowing this, something which i had stipulated I didnt want people to know, for my own personal reasons.

Very sad on all counts.

Steven
Old 29 January 2006, 10:26 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

It's not really my place to comment on a thread like this, so tell me to bugger off, but RCM may not necessarily have divulged that they were building your engine Steven, so don't jump the gun.
I know you have said "only 3 people know about this", but at the end of the day people talk, simple as that. One of your 3 friends may have advertantly or inadvertantly said something about it.

Now that this thread has brought certain things to the public domain though, you will get people thinking about the secrecy of the above subjects and that is only because, up until now, they have been led to believe items are supplied or engines have been built by the companies that have been bandied about on these sites as being highly recommended to others, the place to go, yet those companies that are praised to the worlds end have in fact being using what could be termed as their rivals, if a multitude of threads in the past are anything to go by.

As i said in the beginning, tell me where to go, it's got nowt to do with me, but it's just an observation. Maybe ill conceived but it's the way it looks at the moment.
Old 29 January 2006, 10:46 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AlanG
I know you have said "only 3 people know about this", but at the end of the day people talk, simple as that. One of your 3 friends may have advertantly or inadvertantly said something about it.
Who do you think those three people were Alan? Bearing in mind those who were involved in asking, arranging and doing... Steven has every right to be annoyed, but more's the point, what the hell does Steven's engine have to do with a set of engine mounts and where you can buy them from!

What concerns me far more is the blatant aggression being shown over something so trivial
Old 29 January 2006, 10:57 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

Alan,

Please don't turn this into something it isn't. You will find that because of the nature of this business, many companies will be buying/selling to each other, it's common place, and if you want to imply that there is something under handed in this, you'd better start accusing EVERYONE !!!!

With regard to Stevens short engine, he's very friendly with Matt, and Matt was very keen to build the short engine for him. LATERAL parts were used.

As for "which engine builder", well, I don't claim to build engines for customers, never have, and never will. I supply parts, and will recommend a reputable engine builder.

I don't make money out of engine builds, but do my best to get the best build cost for my customers.

There's no doubt about Matt's engine building skills, and he offered a very attractive price to build the short engine. No brainer really.............

That's all I have to say on this matter.

Mark.
Old 29 January 2006, 11:10 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling
Old 29 January 2006, 11:17 AM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

How is your new Roger Clark engine ? I am surprised Mark is getting them to do a rebuild for him too
good on mark if he is managing to work with RCMS , in almost a distributor type way while still doing the good prices and making a living.

steven,

I would be chuffed to bits with a RCMS engine regardless who I called for it and would be telling folk myself . lucky bugger.

secrets always seem to get out , it is just one of those things. it is like harveys bonnet getting opened , it pis5ed him off but if the garage allowed it , there is no point in him spitting the dummy with the popper. if I had been there and offered a look , I would have opened the bonnet too as I would have thought it was okay since the chap had asked me in the first place.

Last edited by T-uk; 29 January 2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 29 January 2006, 11:26 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Who do you think those three people were Alan?
How the hell should i know Tim! What i'm saying is people talk, simple as that!

I've been caught out in the past when there were things i didn't want in a public domain "for personal reasons", yet still that information came out and it only came out because of my trust in those i thought could be trusted.

As far as agression is concerned, if you are implying any of that aggression is coming from me you are far wrong. If anything it's coming from other sources, all i'm doing is replying to it and in this instance my instincts were correct by my stating to bugger off cause the likes of you and Mark have just jumped down my throat for having an opinion.

Mark, i'm not turning this into anything. You have just stated i'm implying there's something under handed going on, i'm not. But you just have! Which then raises a level of doubt!
Old 29 January 2006, 11:54 AM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Dunk : Get your facts right, the RCMS are :

Part No:
SPE177 GRPN Engine Mount RH GDB/GC8 x 1 £39.99 Retail
SPE178 GRPN Engine Mount LH GDB/GC8 x 1 £39.99 Retail
SPE82 GRPN Modified GC8 Gearbox M x 1 £59.38 Retail
Not interested in the playground antics but if you query "facts" then the above doesn't include VAT (£24.39) or carriage (£10), therefore for RCMS to supply would have totalled £173.75 which to my mind is greater than £170.
Which makes Lateral cheaper than RCMS.....FACT

D
Old 29 January 2006, 11:54 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Sorry Alan, I wasn't getting at you, I just thought with three parties involved in the engine build, there was a fairly obvious link to the three people who knew about it

On the aggression thing I didn't interpret any aggression from you, as always your response was measured! I am however genuinely concerned about the level of agression and hostility coming from Harvey over trivial matters, and by this I mean I'm concerned for him! His posting of late has been very aggressive over really minor details and this does make him look foolish, hence my 'what gives?' comment.

Quick Reply: STI engine mounts....where from ?