Stuttering ARGH - Please help

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2005, 07:57 PM
monkeyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering ARGH - Please help

Hey Guys n Gals...

I have been having probs with my scoob...

Uk MY98
Normal mods - K&N filter, dump valve, HKS exhaust, SS Downpipe decatted.

Its been stuttering and coughing during aceleration... and cutting out, the dump valve has been going mad..

This week i had the Lambda and MAF replaced as these are the usual culprits and all was good for a couple of days but now the stuttering is back..

Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks

MB
Old 30 October 2005, 08:31 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Question

onder2:
what dump valve?? have you tryed car without it? do you have a boost gauge if so how much boost? you say the dump valve been going mad could be sticky wastgate? do you use a bleed clamp/boost valve? after lam +maf changed have you reset ecu checked error codes ect???
Old 30 October 2005, 09:35 PM
monkeyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby dancer
onder2:
what dump valve?? have you tryed car without it? do you have a boost gauge if so how much boost? you say the dump valve been going mad could be sticky wastgate? do you use a bleed clamp/boost valve? after lam +maf changed have you reset ecu checked error codes ect???
Yup tried putting bad the stock one and get the same thing... Think the dump valve is going mad due to engine stuttering as its like dipping the clutch loads while keeping the power down....

The ECU was reset during the change over... and run for a few days with fresh tank of optimax.... haven't had chance to look at the error codes yet... waiting for a dry 5 mins!
Old 30 October 2005, 09:47 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
Yup tried putting bad the stock one and get the same thing... Think the dump valve is going mad due to engine stuttering as its like dipping the clutch loads while keeping the power down....

The ECU was reset during the change over... and run for a few days with fresh tank of optimax.... haven't had chance to look at the error codes yet... waiting for a dry 5 mins!
sounds like you know about as much as i do sorry not much more help know what you mean about a dry 5 mins hope you get it sorted fella