Notices

Where are the main fuses and relays?

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2005, 08:38 PM
scoobymark66
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the main fuses and relays?

Both myself and andywrx are having the same problem. It may be lambada related. The cel does not iluminate when the ignition is swithed on. The engine will turn over but will not start. The fuel pump will not run to prime the fuel system. I have also checked mine for a spark and there is nothing.
We have both checked for any blown fuses and cannot find any. Is there any fuses or relays which could cause these symptoms hidden away? We have found the under bonnet and drivers side footwell fuse locations but all looks fine. I would gues there is a main fuse somewere that protects the ecu. As you can tell we are clutching at straws. I have checked my ecu in another car and it is fine.

PLEASE HELP OR THE INSURANCE COMPANYS WILL BE PAYING OUT ON A COUPLE OF FIRE CLAIMS!!!!!!!!!

Cheers. Mark.
Old 23 October 2005, 08:56 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=scoobymark66]Both myself and andywrx are having the same problem. It may be lambada related. The cel does not iluminate when the ignition is swithed on. The engine will turn over but will not start. The fuel pump will not run to prime the fuel system. I have also checked mine for a spark and there is nothing.
We have both checked for any blown fuses and cannot find any. Is there any fuses or relays which could cause these symptoms hidden away? We have found the under bonnet and drivers side footwell fuse locations but all looks fine. I would gues there is a main fuse somewere that protects the ecu. As you can tell we are clutching at straws. I have checked my ecu in another car and it is fine.

PLEASE HELP OR THE INSURANCE COMPANYS WILL BE PAYING OUT ON A COUPLE OF FIRE CLAIMS!!!!!!!!!

Cheers. Mark.

dont do it mark
like your other thread some of the conection blocks on the loom fail especially
when you have had a major loom damage stick with it will turn out to be a silly wire connection
ecu on your car is a 4 pin?? dont think there is a fuse all classics i have worked tend to burn wires at bad conections rather than blow fuses good old jap electrics!!! has the loom been tampered add ons mods tape connector blocks missing gromits ect...
Old 23 October 2005, 09:09 PM
scoobymark66
Scooby Regular

Hi scdooby dancer. Yes 4 block connectors on the ecu. As far as I can tell I have no electrical mods. I thought it was Italian cars that had dodgy electrics (Ive had a few lol). Cheers. Mark.
Old 23 October 2005, 09:24 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

the italian cars are the ones insurance should have to pay out on (lol) hope you get it sorted mate
Originally Posted by scoobymark66
Hi scdooby dancer. Yes 4 block connectors on the ecu. As far as I can tell I have no electrical mods. I thought it was Italian cars that had dodgy electrics (Ive had a few lol). Cheers. Mark.
Old 23 October 2005, 09:31 PM
andywrx_
Scooby Regular

just been out and looked at the fuel pump connecter is fine but im only getting 4v there
Old 23 October 2005, 10:01 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Question

starting to get somewere maybe?? see what you get from fuel pump relay. a second igition curcit may have a short before that why you only get 4v test for power going to earth

Originally Posted by andywrx_
just been out and looked at the fuel pump connecter is fine but im only getting 4v there
Old 23 October 2005, 10:36 PM
andywrx_
Scooby Regular

i think im gonna order an uprated fuel pump i think mine is dead i have a daws device with a fuel cut protector on and i think its just killed the pump lol