Version 2 STi Ra inlet manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2005, 08:22 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Version 2 STi Ra inlet manifold

Hi folks, here's a good one lol,

Firstly, is it true the Version 2 STI RA the had a 5th injector?

If so, i own a UK MY96 turbo, would the version 2's inlet manifold complete with carb and the '5th' injector fit?

And if so, would it be worth if folks?

I'm asking this simply because i've been offered this item & i'm slowly creating somthing of daily driver monster........mods so far are few and far between as i hav'nt the vehicle long, but my two favourite bits so far include a completely custom buit, un-restricted (zero cats or boosters, or baffles) full 3 inch stainless exhaust system (with angled-exiting 5 inch backbox) all the way from turbo (including downpipe).

So i'd appreciate some imput/thoughts. I just thought it was a little strange as i was'nt aware of any version scoob having a 5th injector, so some confirmation at least would be great.

Cheers all, take care
Old 06 October 2005, 09:14 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555

Yes it's true that the STi Ra ver2 has the fifth injector. I believe only ver1 and ver2 STi Ra's and Wrx Ra's have them. (Homologation reasons)

On the road cars they are plumbed in but the ecu isn't programmed to fire the injector AFAIK.

It's not worth changing just to get the fifth injector. I'm not sure if there are any other differences between the inlet manifolds.
Old 07 October 2005, 12:06 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

inlet manifords are the same except for the hole for the 5th injector. . you ecu won't control said injector so it would sit there doing diddly squat.. save your money..
Old 07 October 2005, 02:32 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

water injection?
Old 07 October 2005, 08:45 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cannot use the 5th injector for it but yes you could put a water injector in the hole left by removing the 5th injector.. but you would need a plate to cover the hole and then tap it for the water injector.. but you would gain nothing over just mounting the water injector in the hose between intercooler and throttle body..
or if you really want it in the inlet manifold then drill and tap the standard manifold.

Simon
Old 07 October 2005, 04:35 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys really appreicate the friendly, to be honest i don't post much on the site, i'm usually happy to hunt around on it for the info i need.

Normski, so now we know tht it does definately have said fifth injector, (which even the original vehicle's ecu dos'nt utilise) how would you go about making use of the injector?

The reason why i'm still considering it is bcos i'm after a second manifold to paint red, i got just the paint to do it too, leaves an amazing fine wrinkle effect, its called 'VHT Wrinke Plus' awesome stuff, i used it on the rocker cover of my last car (a jap import 2.2 VTEC Prelude running around 250 bhp). Once i've painted and finished off it off (thinking of having it re-flowed or something too), then swop it straight over with mine, and sell or paint and sell mine.
Even if i can't make use of the extra injector straight away, it would still b there for when i got around to it.

Or is it really not worth it folks? Shall i just get the same version as the one i have now?

Thanks again folks
Old 07 October 2005, 04:48 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Depends on the beer tokens ? I wouldnt pay any extra because it has the 5th injector

Where did you get the wrinkley paint from ?

Originally Posted by Scoobynodd
Cheers guys really appreicate the friendly, to be honest i don't post much on the site, i'm usually happy to hunt around on it for the info i need.

Normski, so now we know tht it does definately have said fifth injector, (which even the original vehicle's ecu dos'nt utilise) how would you go about making use of the injector?

The reason why i'm still considering it is bcos i'm after a second manifold to paint red, i got just the paint to do it too, leaves an amazing fine wrinkle effect, its called 'VHT Wrinke Plus' awesome stuff, i used it on the rocker cover of my last car (a jap import 2.2 VTEC Prelude running around 250 bhp). Once i've painted and finished off it off (thinking of having it re-flowed or something too), then swop it straight over with mine, and sell or paint and sell mine.
Even if i can't make use of the extra injector straight away, it would still b there for when i got around to it.

Or is it really not worth it folks? Shall i just get the same version as the one i have now?

Thanks again folks

Trending Topics

Old 07 October 2005, 09:27 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555

Having the 5th injector is of no real use TBH, coz to control it would require an aftermarket ECU (Gems, Motec, Etc), and if you had one of those.... the fuelling requirements of the engine could be set up by changing injectors (the 4 other ones) and mapping said aftermarket ECU.

Negating the point of having a 5th injector to satisfy the engines fuelling.

But if this type Ra manifold you've been offered, is at a good price relativly speaking. You've always got another thing to 1-up your mates over.