Notices

which one ? Pro Drive Kit or other mods?

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2005, 12:43 PM
GGBScoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one ? Pro Drive Kit or other mods?

I am trying to decide on which way to go with modding my 2004 WRX Sportswagon. I want more power and a better sound out of the engine/exhaust. I know the pro drive kit allows you to keep the warranty but is it really worth keeping... should I get the Pro drive kit now and then when the warranty runs out I can mod it further.. I want to get more power out of the car.. I have just got the standard 225 bhp and want to increase this and get a better noise... can anyone suggest what I should do?
Old 23 September 2005, 01:13 PM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

personally id say that if you want to really go for power mods forget the warranty and just be sure to get good tuning advice and mods mate (which dont nessecarily mean spending excessive amounts on over priced parts just for brand names ) , are you going to be keeping the car anytime soon ? if not then id forget the warranty and start getting some power mate .
start with quikshift taipan induction kit and stainless steel manderal bent exhaust
system a dumpvalve and performance manifold then go for a front mount intercooler and hard pipe kit and wind up the boost .
Old 23 September 2005, 01:35 PM
GGBScoob
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmyu.r.uk
personally id say that if you want to really go for power mods forget the warranty and just be sure to get good tuning advice and mods mate (which dont nessecarily mean spending excessive amounts on over priced parts just for brand names ) , are you going to be keeping the car anytime soon ? if not then id forget the warranty and start getting some power mate .
start with quikshift taipan induction kit and stainless steel manderal bent exhaust
system a dumpvalve and performance manifold then go for a front mount intercooler and hard pipe kit and wind up the boost .
Well I was thinking of keeping the car for atleast another year.. It has 2 years left on the warranty... I maybe will sell this one after a year and get a new sti..
I don't want to void the warranty and fit a load of mods then find im left with a load of costly problems.. probably keep the mods to a level that won't blow anything up...
Old 23 September 2005, 03:02 PM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

if your planning on selling it before the warranty runs out then it may be wise to not void the warrant yas this can help you keep some of its value when resaling (harder to do with heavily modded cars) . But basically its up to you , whats more important power or a few quid more come resale?