Notices

Fuel cut defence problems when using Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2005, 10:12 AM
Scoobyturbobug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cut defence problems when using Nitrous

I have a VW Beetle fitted with a 1994 Impreza engine fitted with a W9 ecu, straight through exhaust with no cats, K & N filter, forge dump valve, and sti intercooler, I had it on the rolling road yesterday and when the boost or the nitrous kicked in so did the fuel cut defence.
  • My questions are - what is the best aftermarket fuel cut defence I can get without it costing me a small fortune and where is the best place to buy it from, and what is a safe boost level to run it at with the nitrous? Im going to be running 100bhp of NOS
  • Is it worth getting a boost controller? If so what sort should I get, I only have a bleed valve at the moment which is abit of a stone age way of upping the boost
  • Is there a way of getting rid of the rev limiter and upping it to around 8000rpm without buying a remapable ecu as it was making power right up to the rev limiter
Old 04 September 2005, 06:50 PM
doppelganger
Scooby Regular

Location: 11.23@127mph second drag vw beetle with a stock subaru legacy engine and a 50 shot of gas
Cool

Originally Posted by Scoobyturbobug
I have a VW Beetle fitted with a 1994 Impreza engine fitted with a W9 ecu, straight through exhaust with no cats, K & N filter, forge dump valve, and sti intercooler, I had it on the rolling road yesterday and when the boost or the nitrous kicked in so did the fuel cut defence.
  • My questions are - what is the best aftermarket fuel cut defence I can get without it costing me a small fortune and where is the best place to buy it from, and what is a safe boost level to run it at with the nitrous? Im going to be running 100bhp of NOS
  • Is it worth getting a boost controller? If so what sort should I get, I only have a bleed valve at the moment which is abit of a stone age way of upping the boost
  • Is there a way of getting rid of the rev limiter and upping it to around 8000rpm without buying a remapable ecu as it was making power right up to the rev limiter
where you went wrong on getting an answer on here was by using the word bug so close to the jap show finale.bring it on
Old 04 September 2005, 08:28 PM
Scoobyturbobug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by doppelganger
where you went wrong on getting an answer on here was by using the word bug so close to the jap show finale.bring it on
Looks like you might be right there mate