Expected power output on STi Classics

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2005, 05:33 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Expected power output on STi Classics

V5 STi Classic..

Just had a power run.. 290 @ fly & 275 Pounds Torque.

Link ECU @ 1.3 bar peak.

Was advised car has a *safe map mind.

Runs on Optimax & spotless service history with fresh synth every 5k.

Stock apart from decat dp, decat center & backbox (2.5")

Opinions on this figure?... I had hoped for more TBH but the car is quick on the road & the best car to date I've had
Old 05 August 2005, 05:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its on the road where it counts, not all rolling roads are accurate, so if your pleased with the way the car is on the road, which is probably quicker than some "stated pub figures you hear about" then thats what counts

Tony
Old 05 August 2005, 07:03 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Its on the road where it counts, not all rolling roads are accurate, so if your pleased with the way the car is on the road, which is probably quicker than some "stated pub figures you hear about" then thats what counts

Tony
Yep, tbh I am of the same feeling.. however when you read about figures of 330bhp from a fresh imported RA you start thinking maybe I can achieve more.
Old 05 August 2005, 07:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by SCOOBYD00
Yep, tbh I am of the same feeling.. however when you read about figures of 330bhp from a fresh imported RA you start thinking maybe I can achieve more.
Ah you cannot fall for that old trap, quoted 330bhp, they quote my car as 320bhp (some dealers out of the box, jdm map) and they get no where near that, 300 on average, its mostly talk, but you can tune your car a little more, possably a slightly bigger turbo, but with 290+bhp not much should keep up with you in the real world

Tony
Old 05 August 2005, 07:13 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Ah you cannot fall for that old trap, quoted 330bhp, they quote my car as 320bhp (some dealers out of the box, jdm map) and they get no where near that, 300 on average, its mostly talk, but you can tune your car a little more, possably a slightly bigger turbo, but with 290+bhp not much should keep up with you in the real world

Tony
Well the torque figures good & with optimax and a *safe map I'm happy... however... 300.... mus...t..... ha...ve.....
Old 05 August 2005, 08:35 PM
Playsatan
Scooby Regular

Only had my V5 on the rollers once. It was totally stock at the time except for a decat and did a 320 bhp 270 lb/ft run. That was on optimax and millers booster as it was still running the original ecu.

Hoping for some more next time though as I've been going mod crazy over the last few months.
Old 05 August 2005, 09:02 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Playsatan
Only had my V5 on the rollers once. It was totally stock at the time except for a decat and did a 320 bhp 270 lb/ft run. That was on optimax and millers booster as it was still running the original ecu.

Hoping for some more next time though as I've been going mod crazy over the last few months.
Good power, what rollers were you using & did you notice what boost ? 1.1 ?
Old 05 August 2005, 09:53 PM
Playsatan
Scooby Regular

Did it a a rolling road day at Dastek in Edinburgh, meant to be one of the more realistic and consistent rollers.

I'm afraid the graph didn't plot the boost but from memory I think it was boosting about 1.4 peak and 1.25 held. Ended up being the highest figure of the day which I was quite chuffed/surprised about.
Old 05 August 2005, 09:57 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Did it a a rolling road day at Dastek in Edinburgh, meant to be one of the more realistic and consistent rollers.

I'm afraid the graph didn't plot the boost but from memory I think it was boosting about 1.4 peak and 1.25 held. Ended up being the highest figure of the day which I was quite chuffed/surprised about.
I got Dastek too, in Fife.

Their setup is the best I have seen...

I'm used to a quick runup - plot and go @ other RR's... they took ages and took the carup in 500rpm blocks - took a while but cannot knock the service & pro approach. - would however be interesting to see what it gets elsewhere too.
Old 05 August 2005, 10:43 PM
Playsatan
Scooby Regular

There's a rolling road day arranged for the 8th September at the Eddy one, 30+ motors already confirmed. You should sign up for it or pop along and see what the classics (and the newages) can make.
Old 05 August 2005, 10:46 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

There's a rolling road day arranged for the 8th September at the Eddy one, 30+ motors already confirmed. You should sign up for it or pop along and see what the classics (and the newages) can make.
One in Edinburgh? I thought it was in Fife?

Dastek UK Ltd
Dastek House,16 Ridge Way, Hillend Industrial Estate, Dogdalgety Bay, Dunfermline, Fife KY11 9JN

Last edited by SCOOBYD00; 05 August 2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05 August 2005, 11:05 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dastek UK Ltd
Dastek House,16 Ridge Way, Hillend Industrial Estate, Dogdalgety Bay, Dunfermline, Fife KY11 9JN
havent got my version 4 type R on the rolling road yet but im hoping to soon, feels like shes puttin out nice anyway, blitz air intake, equal length headers, turbo up-pipe,down-pipe,zero sport centre and back box..running on 101RON at the mo, hard to know what shes putting out,feels great so dont really care but it would be nice if she was over the 300bhp mark, should be?
Old 05 August 2005, 11:23 PM
Playsatan
Scooby Regular

Dastek UK Ltd
Sorry mate, thats the one. Don't take any notice of what us daft west coasters say.
Old 05 August 2005, 11:35 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, thats the one. Don't take any notice of what us daft west coasters say.
lol See you there. Should be a good day.