Notices

Code 33 '95 Legacy GT Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2005, 12:46 AM
TheBaldConvict
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Code 33 '95 Legacy GT Twin Turbo

Hi all, hope I'm welcome amongst all you Impreza owners........

I picked up my 95 Legacy GT a couple of days ago (freshly imported) and on the way home on the motorway I got the Check Engine lamp up. It has gone into limp home mode.

If I reset the ECU, it works fine for a while, will last minutes if driving hard or ages when tootling round before the light comes back on. If you hav been driving slowly for around 10 or so miles then going up to 4500 in any gear will cause the light to come on.

Once the light is on it doesn't go without an ECU reset.

I've grabbed the codes from it and it's showing a 33 (VSS), I've checked the speedo (working) and the K/MH-MPH convertor and all fine, what else could it be?

Also, when the light isn't on and giving it some stick there are a few huge flatspots, performance is a "little" bit better than the Rover 623 I chopped in for it.

It does seem to have a few mods, It has what seems to be a 3" exhaust, dont know about cats, lowered supension (somebody mentioned it should have had air suspension) and a few other bits and bobs not performance related.

How can I rule out this sensor? where is it, I've read there are two, how do I know which one has failed? is there any way to bypass it till, I get a new one?

I think thats all for now, very grateful for any help as a rev limit of 4500rpm in my new Subaru is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Last edited by TheBaldConvict; 06 August 2005 at 12:47 AM. Reason: needed email notification