Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 10:55 PM
deanmansi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Check Engine Now Light

Hi All

Just bought my first Scooby MY95.
Its got a full decat system with HKS downpipe and Blowoff Valve. K&N Induction, AFR & Fuel Cut defencer. Running about 1.1bar.
Only had it 2 days and got Check Engine Now Light come on. Came on after about 30 mins down M6 when I hit slow traffic. Stayed on for about 10 mins till I got off slip road and stopped at traffic lights. All seemed ok performance, temp etc. Checked oil and water all ok.

Spoke to bloke that sold me car and he said it is nothing to worry about it is just a problem with the Fuel Cut defencer sending incorrect info to the ECU.

Is this correct as I am a bit worrried and dont want to blow me engine up. Seen many threads on here and some say ok and some say things like blowing pistons may result.

I havent done an ecu check yet.

Please Help.....................
Old 30 July 2005, 12:38 PM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Be on the safe side and get a diagnostics done straight ayway. They will tell yopu the problem straight away!
Wouldnt suprise me if it was beacause of the downpipe as the engine check light does come on when putting a aftermarket pipe on, but you never no.
Old 30 July 2005, 09:53 PM
deanmansi
Scooby Newbie

Ok cheers mate. Ive just found a good scooby garage just up the road. Ive lived here for 5 years and didnt even know it was there. Ill get them to have a look in the week.

Originally Posted by XR-Wayne
Be on the safe side and get a diagnostics done straight ayway. They will tell yopu the problem straight away!
Wouldnt suprise me if it was beacause of the downpipe as the engine check light does come on when putting a aftermarket pipe on, but you never no.
Old 30 July 2005, 11:52 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Spoke to bloke that sold me car and he said it is nothing to worry about it is just a problem with the Fuel Cut defencer sending incorrect info to the ECU
All the FCD does is prevent the signal from the map sensor reaching the voltage which triggers the cut level determined by the map in the ecu (which on an MY95 is 14.87psig - around ~4.6v map sensor output)
I would suggest that you carry out a diagnostic check shown HERE to determine the cause of the CEL

Cheers
Old 31 July 2005, 06:05 PM
deanmansi
Scooby Newbie

I will get it checked out. Ive just noticed a small oil leak aswell dripping on the manifold on the front nearside. Only seems to leak when ive given the scoob a bit of stick.

Originally Posted by Delboy2
All the FCD does is prevent the signal from the map sensor reaching the voltage which triggers the cut level determined by the map in the ecu (which on an MY95 is 14.87psig - around ~4.6v map sensor output)
I would suggest that you carry out a diagnostic check shown HERE to determine the cause of the CEL

Cheers