Notices

De-cat advice

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2005, 03:11 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default De-cat advice

Sorry if this has been covered before but lots of threads come up when you do a search and I can't find something specific....

I have a UK MY00 turbo, which has PPP. The only other mod so far is the full Blitz Nur Spec system. Looking at getting the Scoobysport de-cat downpipe to complete the system.

Having read previous threads, I'm a little concerned that this may effect the general running of the car (will it need a re-map?) and dare i say it; the MAF. Is this me just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance
Old 18 July 2005, 06:12 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Sorry if this has been covered before but lots of threads come up when you do a search and I can't find something specific....

I have a UK MY00 turbo, which has PPP. The only other mod so far is the full Blitz Nur Spec system. Looking at getting the Scoobysport de-cat downpipe to complete the system.

Having read previous threads, I'm a little concerned that this may effect the general running of the car (will it need a re-map?) and dare i say it; the MAF. Is this me just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance
paranoid! just get it done, got mine done last week, no probs so far anyway, sounds great, and feels like its spools a bit quicker too, up pipe going on tmrw, have equal length headers on too
Old 18 July 2005, 06:17 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

when having a de-cat for safe reasons you should have a re-map.
Old 19 July 2005, 08:01 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rossi_p

Dont rush into it...... try searching for owners with MY00 (PPP) who have done this before without a ecu remap......

I have a feeling your motor may not run as well (due to the PPP) with a decat dp - unlike a standard MY00 with a decat dp (which runs well).

Worth checking before you part with your cash mate.

Good luck searching.
Old 19 July 2005, 05:09 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by darms
Rossi_p

Dont rush into it...... try searching for owners with MY00 (PPP) who have done this before without a ecu remap......

I have a feeling your motor may not run as well (due to the PPP) with a decat dp - unlike a standard MY00 with a decat dp (which runs well).

Worth checking before you part with your cash mate.

Good luck searching.
Thanks for your advice, not really sure what to do at the moment. Really want the de-cat to complete the system but can't afford a re-map as well at the moment.....