Notices

HELP HELP HELP TO ALL THE TYRE EXPERTS

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2005, 10:51 PM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HELP HELP HELP TO ALL THE TYRE EXPERTS

anyone got any suggestions of a good tyre dealer that does 215/35/18's have found this dealer www.mytyres.co.uk who do W rated that rate up 168MPH for £57 INCLUDING DELIVERY but I dont know bugger all about the quality. Can anyone out there suggest any tyres they sell. Think there all W rated ........................thats not to say I drive over 150MPH-168 ever
Old 04 July 2005, 11:06 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Best place I've found round Warrington was TyreSave in St Helens (01744758385).
I've bought from them for some time and just put some Nankang NS-2 215/35/18 on my classic, about about £85 per tyre. For info, the Nankangs get some iffy press on Scoobynet, I reckon these comments are for NS-1 which a mate had and they were pap. These NS-2s grip very well in both the dry and wet (need to sort the tyre pressures, have a big influence do tyre pressures 8) ). They do all the standard brands also if you don't fancy the Nankangs but to be honest I some times give it a bit of stick and I've found my limit way before the tyres.
cheers

Originally Posted by scooby.reed
anyone got any suggestions of a good tyre dealer that does 215/35/18's have found this dealer www.mytyres.co.uk who do W rated that rate up 168MPH for £57 INCLUDING DELIVERY but I dont know bugger all about the quality. Can anyone out there suggest any tyres they sell. Think there all W rated ........................thats not to say I drive over 150MPH-168 ever
Old 05 July 2005, 08:55 AM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up which NS-2

Chears mate can you check the link I posted as they do 2 types of NS-2.

ZR18 84W (£59.10 delivered) OR ZR18 84W RF (57.30 delivered)

thanks mate. Can you check yours for the rating
Originally Posted by seanks
Best place I've found round Warrington was TyreSave in St Helens (01744758385).
I've bought from them for some time and just put some Nankang NS-2 215/35/18 on my classic, about about £85 per tyre. For info, the Nankangs get some iffy press on Scoobynet, I reckon these comments are for NS-1 which a mate had and they were pap. These NS-2s grip very well in both the dry and wet (need to sort the tyre pressures, have a big influence do tyre pressures 8) ). They do all the standard brands also if you don't fancy the Nankangs but to be honest I some times give it a bit of stick and I've found my limit way before the tyres.
cheers
Old 05 July 2005, 09:47 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tyres that cheap are not worth buying. I got some Kuhmos for £57 each and they are the worse thing I have ever put on my rims. The back end skips out at 20mph in the wet when going round roundabouts!!!

They are the only thing that connects you to the road so go for a decent tyre. With that size expect to pay around £85/90 each for something that will keep you beloved on the straight and narrow
Old 05 July 2005, 01:25 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nezz10
Tyres that cheap are not worth buying. I got some Kuhmos for £57 each and they are the worse thing I have ever put on my rims. The back end skips out at 20mph in the wet when going round roundabouts!!!

They are the only thing that connects you to the road so go for a decent tyre. With that size expect to pay around £85/90 each for something that will keep you beloved on the straight and narrow
Fair enough with these Kuhmos I had a set on my wagon when I bought it, they were utterly dreadfull in the wet and the dry. And I agree that tyres are very important, I can only speak from experience and these Nankangs NS2 work. I'd like to be able to afford to take each make out n a track to do a head to head comparisson but can't. Real world, roundabouts wet or dry I can take with confidence. If anyone can get round them faster with Toyo's or whatever, I'm made up for them.
No on a track... no idea but still reckon they'd be more than upto it.

scooby.reed, not sure what model they are now. I'm down in Newbury 8( till thursday so won't be able to check what mine are, in a works audi A4 diesel I'll give my lad a ring later and see what type I have.