abnormal starting and warning light

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2005, 11:08 PM
wellywells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abnormal starting and warning light

Hi guys

I need some advice, I have had my 01 wrx for about a month now with no problems, ill give you a brief description of the cr and then the problem. Basically it has an sti07 tdo7 turbo, uprated injectors, fuel pump, ssecutek map, full decat stainless steel exhaust.

The problem I have had to today is normally when cranking the engine it starts really quickly, but today it took a little while to fire up, for eg say 5 secs when normally it fires up almost immediatly. Then after a few miles of very sensible driving, not over 60mph the little orange engine light came on which I understand is something to do with the emissions or something on the cat?? But I have a decat, but anyways the light did'nt go out so when i got home i gave the wires that connect to the exhaust a little wiggle and hey presto the light has not returned as yet and i have done about 40 miles since. But it still takes a lot longer to fire uo than it always has done.

It was due a service just over a month ago at 40k and is now on 41k so maybe someone can advise me on this one. Is it just a case that it could do with a service or is there a more serious underlying problem