Notices

advice

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2005, 08:47 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice

i have a 2002 wrx it has full de-cat,sti intercooler,uprated fuel pumpand a dv 12 bailyes dump valve and i have had the car remaped by andy f.I have got a set of megan headers,sti pink injectors and a aps cold air induction kit and i am going to get a td 05 18g turbo of andy f in a couple of weeks after i fit these parts to my car i have to travel about 130 ish miles to get another remap will it be safe to do so or will i damage anything.Also like i said i have a dv 12 dump valve on aswell which is not that great i was looking on ebay at an ssqv hks cpoy would this sound better cheers MOMO
Old 11 June 2005, 09:40 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you keep it off boost you should be ok, had to do the same with mine after fitting 20g/550's/fmic i also had a 130 mile trip to see Bob Rawle.
Old 12 June 2005, 08:30 AM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoRu
As long as you keep it off boost you should be ok, had to do the same with mine after fitting 20g/550's/fmic i also had a 130 mile trip to see Bob Rawle.
thats sound i will drive it like my girlfriend does cheers MOMO
Old 12 June 2005, 04:31 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

after i get it remaped again with the new parts i am fitting do you think i will have problems with the gearbox and clutch the car will be used as an every day car and not for tracks or anything like that cheers MOMO
Old 12 June 2005, 07:49 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

The 18g can make some serious mid range torque from what i hear as it does'nt suffer from surge as much as the 20g.

I would imagine that whoever maps it will limit the midrange to preserve the box, but the clutch may not last long depending on you driving style.

Who is doing the mapping?.
Old 12 June 2005, 08:00 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

The 18g can make some serious mid range torque from what i hear as it does'nt suffer from surge as much as the 20g.

I would imagine that whoever maps it will limit the midrange to preserve the box, but the clutch may not last long depending on you driving style.

Who is doing the mapping?.
andy f will do the remap it is him i am also getting the turbo from.Will he have to take the power down allot in midrange to save the box wot sort of figures do you have to change a box at.Its a td04 that is on it the boost is ok but a bit tame will the td05 18g be allot better i am not sure wot to expect cheers MOMO
Old 12 June 2005, 09:26 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Andy will know exactly where the car will take boost and where to drop boost so i would not worry about that, your in very capable hands.

I don't think there is any written rules about what point it would be necessary to change the box i guess it depends on how the cars driven, personally i would worry about it when it happens, you never know it may not happen at all.

I went from a VF24 (which is bigger then the td04) to the 20g and was very impressed 5000-7500rpm in 3rd and 4th really does require some concentration, I have know doupt that you'll be shocked at how fast the car will accellarate once it's mapped, it will have more lag than your used to at present but you learn to drive around it.
Old 12 June 2005, 10:22 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

Andy will know exactly where the car will take boost and where to drop boost so i would not worry about that, your in very capable hands.

I don't think there is any written rules about what point it would be necessary to change the box i guess it depends on how the cars driven, personally i would worry about it when it happens, you never know it may not happen at all.

I went from a VF24 (which is bigger then the td04) to the 20g and was very impressed 5000-7500rpm in 3rd and 4th really does require some concentration, I have know doupt that you'll be shocked at how fast the car will accellarate once it's mapped, it will have more lag than your used to at present but you learn to drive around it.
thats sound cheers for the info will let you know how i get on after all is done, cant wait tho will be good cheers MOMO
Old 12 June 2005, 10:37 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

I would be interested to see what you think of it once it done, i'm quite interested in the 18g myself but don't really want to lose the top end hit of the 20g.

Is Andy coming to you to do the mapping?
Old 13 June 2005, 05:12 PM
mo mo
Scooby Regular

I would be interested to see what you think of it once it done, i'm quite interested in the 18g myself but don't really want to lose the top end hit of the 20g.

Is Andy coming to you to do the mapping?
no i am going to travel down to him again its about 3 hours at worst as i am up beside inverness in the HIGHLANDS MOMO