Notices

Turbo up pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2005, 05:17 PM
crazybri
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo up pipe

Does the up pipe do a lot for performance?

Ive got a 3" decat downpipe, centre and BB at the minute and had this small pipe left over which i didnt have a clue what it was for!! ooops!! ive now found out that its an up pipe...

Is this hard to fit? i had little trouble fitting the downpipe etc so is this any harder? and is it worth the hastle of swaping it?

Cheers,

Bri
Old 04 June 2005, 06:32 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Apparently it is worth doing, if for no other reason than to prevent the cat breaking up and ruining the turbo..!

From what I've been told it won't have as great an impact as removing the DP but definately noticable.

To make the most of any decat though you'll need a remap..! Which, as it happens, is what I'm having done next Sat..!
Old 04 June 2005, 06:43 PM
cat7
Scooby Regular

Default I heard this potential issue too

Originally Posted by jasonius
Apparently it is worth doing, if for no other reason than to prevent the cat breaking up and ruining the turbo..!

From what I've been told it won't have as great an impact as removing the DP but definately noticable.

To make the most of any decat though you'll need a remap..! Which, as it happens, is what I'm having done next Sat..!
however to put in perspective there have never been any reported instances of this happening, the PPP runs the same boost on a wrx with tek3 on a sensible map so I wouldn't worry