Notices

Ecutek

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2005, 09:03 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecutek

Thinking of having an Ecutek remap onto an 05STI+PPP.

Had the car RR'd and it had 276bhp (180@the wheels) which was a bit disappointing. - torpue only 265ftlbs

Anyone got an idea what a remap for optimax should give me?

Thanks
Old 18 May 2005, 09:59 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Answered my own question by speaking with Powerstation.
Old 18 May 2005, 10:34 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

GrollySTI

Which rolling road did you use and did they log what the car was doing? 180 at the wheels sounds low compared to other dyno's we have used but 96bhp losses sounds very high.

PPP is already mapped to use the benefits of Optimax anyway

Mike
Old 18 May 2005, 12:22 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeWood
GrollySTI

Which rolling road did you use and did they log what the car was doing? 180 at the wheels sounds low compared to other dyno's we have used but 96bhp losses sounds very high.

PPP is already mapped to use the benefits of Optimax anyway

Mike
Hi Mike

It is a new one in Plymouth - buga whats the name - think its something like AP Performance (ish).They did a data log and said all was looking ok - the actual losses were 99bhp if I remember correctly. Measured bhp was 280 with corrected bhp at 276.It was a nice cool day 1st run- the 2nd run was a bit lower.

Any help to explain the poor result
Old 18 May 2005, 01:31 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen 100BHP losses on my car at PS!

F
Old 18 May 2005, 09:59 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Anyone know which gear the engineer should be in for the run?

It's an 05 STI so 6 speed

He was in 4th. - never went higher.
Old 19 May 2005, 03:36 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

forgive me for this, I could be a little off the mark but there are many common misconceptions about mapping.

firstly, I believe that PD offer a warranty, therefore they have a little bit more safety inherently built in, whereas a mapper will push limits to his/her ability and customer demands/*****.
secondly, a remap wont magically create huge power figures, you need to have mods in place and the mapper can then fine tune the car to make the best gains from the mods.
I know of a couple of P1's that have had modest mods done and they made between 285 and 299, 300 with water
look in the projects forum for ideas as to whats required, what works and doesnt.
it wouldnt hurt to speak to your (potential) mapper either
its a slippery slope thats for sure and with remapped cars you need to consider remapping again after each time you change the spec
(my own car was made to fly by Mr. Forrest, changed a couple of bits and its running pants until its remapped again, but I knew this and accepted it would be this way from now on).
Also, forget the rolling road figures, how does the car feel on the road? THATS whats important, the butt dyno, do you smile when you nail it or after a hard drive thats demanding?
Old 19 May 2005, 01:07 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

How many miles has your 05 STi done..?

Only scoobs are famous for being very tight for at least 5-6000 miles (and not properly loosened up for 3x that..!)..!

My 05 WRX was very tight (dissapointing me initially) then at around 5000 miles it became a different car, almost overnight..! It now continues to improve with every mile.

To highlight this, recently my brother had an 05 WRX PPP on demo with less that 1000 miles on it so we gave it a run against mine (std apart from centre decat and BB). There was absolutely nothing between them (we even swapped drivers)..!

Give it time and the extra horses will be liberated.
Old 19 May 2005, 02:38 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
How many miles has your 05 STi done..?

Only scoobs are famous for being very tight for at least 5-6000 miles (and not properly loosened up for 3x that..!)..!

My 05 WRX was very tight (dissapointing me initially) then at around 5000 miles it became a different car, almost overnight..! It now continues to improve with every mile.

To highlight this, recently my brother had an 05 WRX PPP on demo with less that 1000 miles on it so we gave it a run against mine (std apart from centre decat and BB). There was absolutely nothing between them (we even swapped drivers)..!

Give it time and the extra horses will be liberated.
Hi jasonius.....cars done 6k miles.

It has loosened up quite a bit and probably has a bit to go,although my last scoob didn't inprove that much past 7500miles.

oh and don't get me wrong the car does go very well,its just that whilst I know figures can be misleading it was disappointing to be so far off what I was expecting.
Old 19 May 2005, 07:18 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

That's rolling road for ya..!

Jason