Carbs Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2005, 10:23 PM
chump
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbs Help Please!

Hi,

I've just had some R1 Bike Carbs fitted to my C20XE Engine. To say that it pulls is an understatement - fantastic. I have one problem though. After about 100 miles the piperx filters I had on 2 of the carbs decided that they'd get sucked into the carbs. Yes the centres of the filters actually tore off and got stuck in the carb diaphragms (sp?).

No biggie - cleared it all out but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how I can get round this problem? Someone suggested a gauze plate over the top of each carb but I'm unsure if this will affect performance and where you can even get them from....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chump
Old 11 March 2005, 12:03 PM
mbayley77
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant see that putting a mesh over the end of the trumpet is going to make any sort of difference to the air flow. I would try a large mesh to begin with (10mm square) and if it still sucks it in which i dont think it will then move to a smaller mesh.

I have carbs on my car and will be doing this mod shortly, I will just form a bit of mesh over the trumpet myself, dont see paying for something which is bound to cost a bit which you can make yourself which you dont even see!!!