Notices

Cant find the right rocker cover gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 10:26 PM
scoobydave555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant find the right rocker cover gaskets

Hi all, i have a 1996 WRW STi type RA and have recently replaced the blown engine. I dont know the origins of the replacement engine but its been fitted and is equally as good. The problem i have is that both rocker cover gaskets are leaking and i have had my local scooby agent get in every rocker cover gasket for a classic impreza but none of them are correct. The problem is this, if you look at the rocker covers on my new engine they are rectangular, the gaskets that the dealer got all had one of the corners cut and he cant find any more on the parts computer. Does anybody know from my description exactly what engine i have(it does say EJ20 on the block) and if so where i could get replacement rocker gaskets, alternatively if anyone knows somewhere that makes gaskets i could send them the rocker covers or possibly somewhere that has access to a japanese spec parts catalogue. Please help.
By the way my car is a WRX STi Type RA V-Limited 555 Colin McRae import, does anyone know the final drive ratio of this model (its the one with C McRae's and N Grist's signatures stitched into the seats).

Last edited by scoobydave555; 06 March 2005 at 10:44 PM.