Notices

will someone please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2005, 06:20 PM
marcyt21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will someone please help me!

hi, i have posted tis question before but got no answer so im trying again.

i have a 2003 sti ppp impreza and have tried upping the boost by changing the restrictor valve but the ecu spots it straight away and the factory boost level is as high as it will go. iv been told the sti ppp peaks at 18psi boost. have read a little about electronic boost controllers like the hks evc and the apexi, will fitting one of these allow me to up the boost????????

i would like some advice please as i have 250 quid burning a hole in my pocket.

thanks
Old 10 January 2005, 07:11 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

Marcy, all well and good upping the boost ol'chap but how do you plan to put the additional fuel in to match it????

If you want further gains than your PPP can offer then you should be looking at the following as a guideline.

Full 3" Exhaust system Turbo back
Uprated Top Mount Intercooler or Front Mount Intercooler
Larger Injectors
Induction kit
Uprated Turbocharger

All taken care of with a nice ECU remap (ECUTEK) that can adjust boost, ignition and fuelling to suit the mods.

Alternatively, just get it ECUTEK'd in the interim to make the most of what you already have but the gains would be very slight for the cost outlay.

Conrad
Old 10 January 2005, 07:50 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Messing with just the boost is asking for trouble, the engine will run lean and then likely expire.
Old 10 January 2005, 07:56 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Also IIRC changing the orifice will only alter peak anyway and not the generally held pressure. Or that's what happened on mine when I had a mess to see what happened, after I'd fitted the PPP ECU. Boost pressure peak was altered but not the pressure it settled at that remained the same.
Old 10 January 2005, 08:52 PM
marcyt21
Scooby Regular

it's not really on option for me all this uprated gear and re-maps, as i have not got the cash.
my car is running very rich anyway, so i thought a slight increase in boost would not come to any harm.
what if i was to use an air/fuel controller with it???
still doesn't answer my question either, will the electronic boost controller allow me to raise the boost??
cheers for help guys!
Old 10 January 2005, 09:00 PM
Howler
Scooby Regular

yes it will ....! but as before there is a mod route to take imo
Old 10 January 2005, 09:09 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a matter of interest I've seen over 19psi on the SECS peak boost page but can't compare that to the boost gauge as I was too busy looking where I was headed!
JohnD STi PPP
Old 10 January 2005, 10:16 PM
danieldenham
Scooby Regular

A simple remap is what you need. You will see a really nice increase in power and really it is not that much money for the power increase (£/bhp).

You've spent £25k-£30k on a nice car, save your £250 a bit longer to get the extra few quid for a EcuTek remap so boost and fueling will be perfect, you will be REALLY happy with the outcome.

Call Pat Herborn for the best remap in UK (PM me for the number if you need) and given your location is ok, he might even be able to come to your house. It's a really fun few hours too!

Dan
Old 11 January 2005, 12:57 PM
marcyt21
Scooby Regular

i live in cornwall, miles from anywhere. anyone know somebody down here that maps imprezas????
Old 12 January 2005, 12:48 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by marcyt21
i live in cornwall, miles from anywhere. anyone know somebody down here that maps imprezas????
Bob Rawle (brdevelopments) lives in Swindon, comes highly recommended, do a search.

Btw all Imprezas run rich, they are designed to. If you havent got the cash to mod properly then you probably dont have cash to fix it when it goes bang. Bob or Pat will safely improve your cars performance.
All the best.