Exclamation Tsl333

has anyone drove the tsl333 demo car?
i see it is for sale, just wonerd what peoples thoughts were on itl

thanks leon
Old 01 December 2004, 04:26 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it drives great but it has been driven hard by several members of scoobynet and is a good example of a well tuned new age sti
martin
Old 01 December 2004, 04:39 PM
LeonT
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply,
we are pondering over the idea of what to get, and really dont have a clue, the misses wants a evo fq300 i wanna sti, but i not going to go down that route on here on which is best, which model and spec of the sti is favoured now, have owned 2 imprezas my95, and a myoo, with ppp and ap six pots, full hks system, but sold the latter 2 years ago and have lost touch ever since of the scooby thing so dont know whats hot and whats not anymore, any advice please
Old 01 December 2004, 06:14 PM
LeonT
Scooby Regular

is there a report on a test drive on the car anywhere that anyone knows of?
Old 01 December 2004, 07:26 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

EVO magazine (June 2004) did a group test of modded new age Impreza's. They concluded that the TSL333 had the best balance of performance and price out of all of the cars tested.

Cheers

Si
Old 01 December 2004, 07:30 PM
LeonT
Scooby Regular

thank you matey, dont suppose you have a copy of that article do you?
if so could you send it please,
Old 02 December 2004, 04:59 PM
SiHethers
Scooby Regular

Leon

Send me a pm with your email and I'll scan and send it to you. Does make interesting reading.

Simon
Old 02 December 2004, 05:18 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

someone once told me they thought that the tsl one had been "tweaked" for that test. Dunno how true that is though......
Old 02 December 2004, 07:40 PM
SiHethers
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they all probably had fuel additives and a bit of map tweaking for it. It would make sense, as they were all quite a bit quicker than the PPP.

If you add 1ml/l NF to optimax in your PPP you'll gain roughly 15 bhp/lbft ATW, as they leave some headroom for better octane fuel in the ign comp maps. At least that's been the case in my experience.
Old 02 December 2004, 09:26 PM
dogpole
Scooby Regular

I've driven this TSL demo car and the reports are spot on, it pulls quickly and keeps going and going much more than the standard STi PPP. The mapping is excellant, TSL map more for drivability and reliabilty over all out power and a big bang a couple of months later.
Richard a recently remapped mine for a new clutch and flywheel, what a difference, endless power now.

DP
Old 03 December 2004, 10:44 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiHethers
I'm sure they all probably had fuel additives and a bit of map tweaking for it. It would make sense, as they were all quite a bit quicker than the PPP.

If you add 1ml/l NF to optimax in your PPP you'll gain roughly 15 bhp/lbft ATW, as they leave some headroom for better octane fuel in the ign comp maps. At least that's been the case in my experience.
what sort of mileage have u used this over - concerned re durability - I know Mike Wood says no to using it with PPP but dont know why

I have 03 STi PPP and would conside OB - what is your car?
Old 03 December 2004, 10:46 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dogpole
I've driven this TSL demo car and the reports are spot on, it pulls quickly and keeps going and going much more than the standard STi PPP. The mapping is excellant, TSL map more for drivability and reliabilty over all out power and a big bang a couple of months later.
Richard a recently remapped mine for a new clutch and flywheel, what a difference, endless power now.

DP
do u have their t no. plse?
Old 03 December 2004, 12:06 PM
SiHethers
Scooby Regular

GRIFF

I've been using NF for 20000+ miles in my MY99. A friend has been using NF in his MY03 STI PPP for 15000+ miles. No problems with either.

There is a theoretical concern (as in no-one has proven it) that adding extra methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) based OB to optimax (which already has MMT in it) may cause damage to ignition/emission systems. This is due to you getting a manganese oxide residue deposited when using MMT on your sparkies, o2 sensor and catalyst, causing failure of all. I've never heard of a case where this has happened, and I think it is probably BS, so long as you don't overdose with it (such as using a full bottle, 5ml/l, NF per tank - this will undoubtedly **** your catalyst, with time at the least).

TSL are good so long as you only want to do what they advise and don't mention any competitors when speaking to them

Simon
Old 03 December 2004, 12:16 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by SiHethers
GRIFF

I've been using NF for 20000+ miles in my MY99. A friend has been using NF in his MY03 STI PPP for 15000+ miles. No problems with either.

There is a theoretical concern (as in no-one has proven it) that adding extra methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) based OB to optimax (which already has MMT in it) may cause damage to ignition/emission systems. This is due to you getting a manganese oxide residue deposited when using MMT on your sparkies, o2 sensor and catalyst, causing failure of all. I've never heard of a case where this has happened, and I think it is probably BS, so long as you don't overdose with it (such as using a full bottle, 5ml/l, NF per tank - this will undoubtedly **** your catalyst, with time at the least).

TSL are good so long as you only want to do what they advise and don't mention any competitors when speaking to them

Simon
Ahh

Richard is due to phone me back - intend discussing fitting cool air induction kits a la Graham Goode and the like along with possbly mixed exhaust and their Ecutek remap with aim to get max torque and character

I figure if PPP is 305 bhp (mine was RRd at 310 with de-cat center + afterburner - previous owner! - now back to PPP) then full de-cat + induction kit + OB + remap has to be close to extra 40+ bhp over PPP? - yet many claim that turbo wont flow 350?! - personal goal would be broad availability of 340+ ft lb without being loud on the exhaust...