Notices

95 WRX Import wiring diagram needed URGENTLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 11:01 AM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 95 WRX Import wiring diagram needed URGENTLY!!!

Hello All,

If anyone can help me out, I will be eternally grateful. 10 weeks without a car now and am at my wits end (my 84 golf automatic is no longer filling the void!!).

I desperately need a wiring diagram for a 95 JDM WRX, I have a UK spec diagram but they do not seem to correlate.

I need this in order to sort out my fuel pump woes, as I have found out that I cannot wire the fuel pump directly to the ignition (different voltage!!) so need to do things properly.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction??
Old 08 November 2004, 11:46 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the problem with the fuel pump?

Paul
Old 08 November 2004, 01:08 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul,

As far as I am aware the fuel pump is fine, it is just getting it to work that is the problem!!!

Here is what I have previously posted:

My Wagon has now been off the road and with a subura mechanic for 10 weeks. I originally left the car with him to fit a TD05, and on the way over to his I had what I thought were a couple of misfires. I told him about it and he said he would check the plugs etc.

When he went to start the car the following morning – nothing, there was no fuel getting to the engine. He checked the cam and crank sensors first, then removed the immobiliser, and has since changed the fuel pump relays and main relays, but still nothing (the pump runs ok with a direct feed from a battery).

A few other people have looked at it, but no-one can figure out why this is happening!!

He has said that there is nothing else he can do!!

My question is, can i take power directly from the ignition to the fuel pump (with fuses along the line obviously!) in order to use the car?? What would be the problems, if any, from doing this??

Has anybody got any ideas - I am really missing her, not sure how much more I can take!!!!!

Current ECU is a 3B (I think, been a while since I looked - 1995 JDM WRX Wagon), but I have a Z4 waiting to go in there as soon as I get the car back. I did tell the guy who was doing the work that I had the ECU but he assured me it wasn't the problem (he works for subaru, so I presume he knows what he is talking about, but will be interesting to see!!). No Alarm on the car, just an immobiliser, cannot tell you the make, as it came already fitted from Japan, but as this has been taken out of the equation, cannot see it being the problem!!

Can anyone tell me the size of fuse I should be using for a direct feed from the ignition to the fuel pump???

If you can shed any light on this (or let me know where i can get my grubby little mitts on a wiring diagram!) I will be forever in your debt!!

Cheers

John
Old 08 November 2004, 01:08 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Follow this link which is for a 93 WRX. I changed my pump last week and was easy, once I knew which wire did what and could check the old one was dead!
Old 08 November 2004, 01:27 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Cheers DaveD, but link was dead!!!
Old 08 November 2004, 02:03 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you hear the fuel pump relay being activated? There is no problem in running the fuel pump at up to full alternator voltage (around 14 volts).

The standard wiring uses a switch ground out of the ECU to ground one side of the fuel pump relay coil, the other side of the coil is powered by one of the ignition switched 12v feeds. If you have an immobiliser, and it was "removed" was the immobilisers controll over the fuel pump also bypassed?

The quick and dirty solution is a ignition switched relay to control a direct feed from the battery, although I would still try and use the ECU to control the relay otherwise you will have the pump running with the ignition just on.

My money is on the immobiliser.

Paul
Old 08 November 2004, 03:15 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Cheers Paul,

Will speak to my guy tonight and tell him what you have said, hopefully a solution could be on the cards.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Old 08 November 2004, 03:37 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Not sure, but shouldn't the fuel pump go via a cut-out switch in case the car goes upside down? have you checked the switch?
Old 08 November 2004, 04:14 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Hi Jay m A,

You are right, the inertia cut out switch, have checked this and is OK, has not been triggered.
Old 08 November 2004, 05:33 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry about the dead link (I was rushed, and it didn't copy correctly!)

This link to the 22b.com thread should work!

In searching for fuel pump issues, I read about several instances of one of the connectors melting, and causing a bad return earth from the pump. I think the affected connector is one of the ones under the back seat. Read the threads here and here.

Hope this helps.
Old 08 November 2004, 10:48 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Thanks DaveD, downloaded and printed the wiring diagrams!!

Appreciate that, do you know if it is for the UK model or JDM??

Thanks again
Old 09 November 2004, 12:51 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

John,

I think the diagrams are for JDM MY93 WRX - certainly seemed to match my car (MY93 WRX). Don't think a MY95 WRX should be any different.
Old 09 November 2004, 01:19 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Agreed, 95 JDM WRX should be identical to the MY93. Thanks again, will chat to my guy tonight.