Strange Smell???

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2004, 10:43 PM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Strange Smell???

Hi

started driving today and strange smell is coming into the car, opened the bonnet and a really strong smell is coming from the left hand side of the radiator.

Weird to describe it, but either a cat or animal (really hope not a person!! ) has done its business on my car or in a strange way it smells coolant like.

The car is not overheating and can't see and visible water leaks or that is has lost any water. It also had a minor service on Monday???

Any ideas appreciated, there were some leaves infront of the radiator but that's all i could see.

cheers

Ash
Old 07 October 2004, 08:30 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kayeabl
Hi

started driving today and strange smell is coming into the car, opened the bonnet and a really strong smell is coming from the left hand side of the radiator.

Weird to describe it, but either a cat or animal (really hope not a person!! ) has done its business on my car or in a strange way it smells coolant like.

The car is not overheating and can't see and visible water leaks or that is has lost any water. It also had a minor service on Monday???

Any ideas appreciated, there were some leaves infront of the radiator but that's all i could see.

cheers

Ash
Daft as it sounds its not the front crankshaft oil seal leaking slightly is it ????
from your desc. it sounds like the issue i had
Old 07 October 2004, 10:14 AM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Default How do i tell?

Originally Posted by tmo
Daft as it sounds its not the front crankshaft oil seal leaking slightly is it ????
from your desc. it sounds like the issue i had
Thanks for your message, but would this be a visible oil leak? Is there an easy way to tell if its leaking?

cheers

Ash