Notices

Blitz SBC Spec S EBC

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2004, 10:13 AM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz SBC Spec S EBC

I have just purchased a Blitz SBC Spec S Controller and have contacted a tuning place to get it fitted and set up etc. I have been given a price to set up but the tuner made mention that the Blitz Controllers can be temperamental ?? I have read reviews from others on here who have fitted this controller and most seem very happy with the results ?? Anyone have any advice or comments on this ??

What to be sure before I commit my hard earned to having it fitted and set up.......

cheers in advance
Old 01 October 2004, 03:02 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

Had mine fitted to my 93 WRX 2 years ago. Well worth the pennies.No problems with it at all. Make sure you have got a set of (english) instructions with it. As if you are like me you want to have a play with the gain and ratio settings.Also i got fitted a HKS fuel cut defencer and a HKS air fuel regulator.
DEKA
Old 01 October 2004, 03:15 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply mate

Do you happen to know where I can get my grubby little paws on a set of instructions in English ??
Old 01 October 2004, 04:20 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

I did a search on google for the operating instructions. Cant remember the website.
DEKA
Old 05 October 2004, 06:21 PM
WRXrich
Scooby Newbie

hi, i have this boost controller on my '94WRX, the first problem is that after a couple of weeks of having it, it "locked up" the LCD display stayed the same and the boost was set at 1.1bar and the controller would not respond. so it went back to blitz and they sent me another and have had no problems with it since.

very easy to install, and if u r ok with electrics they you dont need to pay sum1 to install.

just a live, neutral and off ya go. dissconnect the old turbo pipes from the old solenoid and plug em on to your new supplied solenoid, then plug the unit into the top and your off.

MAKE SURE you position the new solenoid away from your turbo, mine is screwd into the side wall where the drivers front suspension leg comes through. this is so it dont get hot!

is running quite nice at 1.35bar wit ha straighthru, plenum pipe.
settings - gainis 30, channel 4 (highest) at 60 and a scramble boost of 3secs at gain 10, (anymore, and hard motorway driving you will get fuel cut)
Old 10 November 2004, 03:49 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXrich
hi, i have this boost controller on my '94WRX, the first problem is that after a couple of weeks of having it, it "locked up" the LCD display stayed the same and the boost was set at 1.1bar and the controller would not respond. so it went back to blitz and they sent me another and have had no problems with it since.

very easy to install, and if u r ok with electrics they you dont need to pay sum1 to install.

just a live, neutral and off ya go. dissconnect the old turbo pipes from the old solenoid and plug em on to your new supplied solenoid, then plug the unit into the top and your off.

MAKE SURE you position the new solenoid away from your turbo, mine is screwd into the side wall where the drivers front suspension leg comes through. this is so it dont get hot!

is running quite nice at 1.35bar wit ha straighthru, plenum pipe.
settings - gainis 30, channel 4 (highest) at 60 and a scramble boost of 3secs at gain 10, (anymore, and hard motorway driving you will get fuel cut)
Have you a photo of how yours is mounted
DEKA
Old 10 November 2004, 04:13 PM
STi Blues
Scooby Regular

Had mine fitted about a year ago - MY97 Sti with full de-cat - to prevent overboost. Now hits 1.25 bar spot on everytime (knocklink installed at same time!). I actually have mine set up and pushed up under the dash behind the steering column - 2 reasons for this - number one is it looks neat and tidy - number 2 (and most importantly) - I can't get tempted into cranking the boost and gain up all of the time - I know if it was easily accessible I would keep wanting a bigger boost hit until something blew up!
Old 10 November 2004, 04:47 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

More interested in where/how the solenoid is mounted in the engine bay.
With pics of pipe work plumbed in(which pipe should go where)
As i have a strong feeling mine has been fitted wrong
And what do you do with the original solenoid (3 port)
DEKA
Old 10 November 2004, 08:21 PM
Nick_o_Teen
Scooby Regular

Fitted my blitz spec r in the space where the ashtray should be, along with the blitz turbo timer, works spot on all the time.

Old 11 November 2004, 07:20 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

Still after a pic of solenoid and pipe work
Anyone
DEKA
Old 11 November 2004, 09:35 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

DEKA - once mine is fitted I'll post up a pic but thats not gonna be for a week or so
Old 12 November 2004, 05:01 PM
DEKA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NelsonUK
DEKA - once mine is fitted I'll post up a pic but thats not gonna be for a week or so
Cheers mate