Help on New WRX 04 please

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2004, 07:03 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on New WRX 04 please

Hi

Running in a WRX 04, been taking it up to the 5thou rpm, i know its supposed to be 4000rpm ,

it realy started to loosen up around the 100miles and really felt like it was flying. millege now at 600miles

i took it into TSL today (great place great people) and had a 4inch back box sounds great (not to loud) and green panel filter fitted.

on the way back (100 mile journy down country lanes and the A1 to bedfordshire) TSL is near nottingham. the car now feels physically feels slightly slower . i am stunned by this , i should have around 5bhp extra, its hard to feel 5bhp more and know this from modding by old scoob modding everywhere exept new turm and FMIC etc
but this actually feels very slightly slower.

the power delivery before was as follows , 1 to 3 smooth ,3 to 5 silky smoove and pulled like hell

Now after the back box and filter it has a slight flat spot around 4rpm for a slight second, but mainly doesnt feel like its pulling as hard as before.

my other problem is this, this was before TSL by the way ,from 3rd at 5rpm change into fifth you get a very slight crunch 60% of the time.(millege on car 600miles now)

this scares me as i chopped in my old my00 uk turbo because the nut on the fifth gear got loose,crunch a few things up and hey prestow, gearbox re-build .

surley this is not happening again ? i will focus more on my gear changes and if still does it when it goes if for its 1000mil service i will have to tell them,
this is important to me as i dont often go from 3rd to 4th because i like the pull from third through to to 5rpm and by then your at 70mph ish so i go to 5th

any advice or thought on the above guys and girls ?