Notices

Anyone running a SAFC2 on an early Impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2004, 04:59 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a SAFC2 on an early Impreza?

I was going to fit a fcd to get rid of fuel cut but the ones I have are for the Nissans and dont fit Subarus

Ive some SAFC2s here, Im thinking about fitting one with some 555s until my Power FC lands.

Is anyone else running a SAFC2 with big injectors?

Alternatively whats the deal with all these add on boards for Subarus? They confuse me, can someone please clarify what the option are, what they do, how they fit and what they cost please.

Thanks )
Old 02 September 2004, 06:07 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you fit larger injectors and lean out by dropping the MAF voltage with an S-AFC, then you will advance the ignition as well. Which is the last thing you want to do if also running more boost. But if you can use extra octane and monitor knock you might get away with it.

I am going to use an AFC with bigger injectors on an old Legacy turbo but also change the MAF tube diameter and engine capacity all to suit each other so the right bits of the map are accessed. The AFC will just be a fine tune.
Old 02 September 2004, 06:32 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john banks
If you fit larger injectors and lean out by dropping the MAF voltage with an S-AFC, then you will advance the ignition as well. Which is the last thing you want to do if also running more boost. But if you can use extra octane and monitor knock you might get away with it.

I am going to use an AFC with bigger injectors on an old Legacy turbo but also change the MAF tube diameter and engine capacity all to suit each other so the right bits of the map are accessed. The AFC will just be a fine tune.
Ive just finished fitting the SAFC2, didnt take long

I thought Id go with an adj fpr and up the rail pressure for the meantime (I dont have any 555s in stock) to help get rid of the fuel cut. Im aware of the timing issue, the last thing I want to do with this car is advance it! Ive a load of NF landing tommorrow so I should be fine with mild fp increase and adjustment of the afm signal to suit.

When the Power FC lands then Ill pull the SAFC2 back out. Ive not used one before so its good for me to know how it fits and works for my customers benefit