Mr Rawle , Wallis etc quick advice please

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2004, 10:30 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr Rawle , Wallis etc quick advice please

concerning the P0031 Lamba fault I had.

I've taken the heatsheild off the part of the headers where the sensor is located and all the wires seem intact, but I could move the sensor with my hand, ie wasnt secured tight.

could this cause the intermittant fault and show a CEL if the sensor isnt screwed in tight ?

also just to check I've taken the right part out, is it the one that looks like a small barrell with little holes in it ??

if this is what is causing the fault, because it wasnt screwed in properly, is there a good way to clean the sensor before I tighten everything back up

Many thanks for your advice so far

Phil
Old 31 July 2004, 11:49 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I doubt you'll get an answer from those guys as they're getting ready for TOTB3!

I'd say it was likely to be that causing the issue, it certainly won't hurt to tighten it up and give it a try.

As for cleaning the sensor, someone once told me you could use real lemon juice to clean the carbon off it, but haven't tried it so don't take my word for it.
Old 31 July 2004, 11:57 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its a three wire sensor then it has the heater earth via the exhaust system into the car body.
If you've got a wobbly sensor then the heater may not get up to temp, as the earth is broken through non contact or a good layer of rust on the d/pipe threads.

I'd clean out the threads on sensor and d/pipe very well before doing up again - but check that threads are OK. Someone may have replaced the Lambda in the past and caused cross threading, allowing the sensor to work loose.

Nick
Old 31 July 2004, 12:09 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

thanks guys, its a 4 wire sensor in the headers. no sign of cross threasding .I've cleaned it all and cleaned the thread etc but its still running crap. looks like I need a new sensor

Phil