Notices

VIbration at 80mph

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2004, 06:00 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIbration at 80mph

Just got a new Scooby, 02 WRX, 7500 miles in black, only had it since Monday.

Now when i took it for a test drive my mate noticed a vibration, not a major vibration but its noticable. we put it down to the fact that one of the tyres had an 'egg' it. Anyway the guy i bought the car from put 3 brand new tyres on and we thought that would sort the problem.

Anyway the vibration is still there, one of the lads from work was behind me and he says that the neas side back tyre/wheel was wobbling as i was driving - i guess this is why the car is vibrating/shaking.

What could be the cause, i hope its just a tracking issue, but as i had 3 new tyres fitted, i would expect the tracking to be sorted.

Could it be the alloy is warped ?....if so how much would one them cost ?

What else could it be ?....

thanks

m
Old 11 June 2004, 06:25 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be able to pick up a wheel from the For Sale section. Std rims go for a couple of hundred quid for 4, used. Lots of people upgrade so they do come up quite often. You prob won't have to pay more than £100 for one in mint condition with good rubber.

Also, check the balancing as this is often the cause.
Old 11 June 2004, 06:29 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowBoy
Might be able to pick up a wheel from the For Sale section. Std rims go for a couple of hundred quid for 4, used. Lots of people upgrade so they do come up quite often. You prob won't have to pay more than £100 for one in mint condition with good rubber.

Also, check the balancing as this is often the cause.
Cheers for the reply man, its going in for a service on Tue/Wed, so i'll ask them to investigate the problem as i have no idea, i'm prefer tinkering with PC's.

If it is a warped alloy, them i'll look out for one in the ForSale section....hopefully it will be something cheap like balancing etc........

thank v much

m