Fcuking CEL............

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2004, 06:45 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ******* CEL............

.......came on again over the weekend - MY01 WRX

Previous three ocassions was due to the company installing my full decat forgeting to put in the CEL fix.

As this is now in place I'm slightly worried as to what it can be

Have recently fitted a HKS Bov (about 3 weeks ago) could this be the cause?

Who's the nearest company to Cheshunt Herts who can check the ecu fault code. Will try Lavender Hill in Enfield tomorrow but not sure if they still deal with Subarus.

Cheers

Chris
Old 03 May 2004, 09:23 PM
S600HBY
Scooby Regular

i have the cel fix in place on mine and the light still comes on, had it checked and its the code to do with the decat. Get a secs unit and reset it yourself.
Old 04 May 2004, 07:10 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Bad wire connections on CEL fix or exhaust leakage can cause PO420 code to appear, the ECU needs three contiguous failed rear O2 tests (usually at steady cruising with 4th-5th or at iddle) in order to give the above CEL.
JIM
Old 04 May 2004, 08:52 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies

Will hopefully get the code checked this week by Lavender Hill (if they still can).

As stated above previously the CEL was triggered by steady cruising at 70mph. This time however it came on when I was ambling round some back lanes at 30 mph (had baby in the car before anyone starts about twisties )

Will be relieved (and pissed off) if it is to do with the decat as I paid £58.75 IIRC for the bloody CEL fix

I was tempted by the SECS Unit when it first came out. Nito had a demo model and tested it out on my car when I was having my Defi's fitted. Was very impressed with what it could do but it was just a bit ugly looking IMHO.

Will report back when I find out what the problem is.

Chris.
Old 04 May 2004, 12:43 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

I agree with midlife on the secs unit - probably has paid for it self with the amount of cel lights I have had

nice to know that its only the decat causeing the cell so you can reset and blast on, rather than a week driving off boost till you can get a garage to look at it
Old 04 May 2004, 01:21 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WRX Rich

Yep...... Bugeye's should have come with a SECS as a factory fit !!! How's yours running at the moment!!

Chris, I'm tempted to stick a bit of black tape over the CEL to stop me looking at it, just like Homer did on his car...LOL

Midlife.....

Midlife
Old 04 May 2004, 03:15 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Midlife......
WRX Rich

Yep...... Bugeye's should have come with a SECS as a factory fit !!! How's yours running at the moment!!

Midlife
Hi

its running better than ever (thank the lord for octane booster ) I haven't done anything regards the cam sensor as its stayed quiet for the last 2 weeks
Old 04 May 2004, 03:47 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

When I first decatted my MY01 the CEL came on after a day or so and I had fitted the CEL fix.

Thought it was a dodgy connection so played around with some of the wires but no joy. Was then told that you must reset the ECU in order to get rid of the CEL. Had just ordered a SECS and by resetting the ECU this did fix it.

Then the day before I was due to part exchange the car it came on again.
Old 06 May 2004, 11:27 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Well, I've just had to pay £35.00 to find out that it was the o2 sensor after all

1/2 hour labout to check the error code seems excessive for what it essentially a 2 second job but a garage has to make money and presumably this is the minimum charge.

So, including the £58.75 I've already paid for the CEL fix I'm somewhat pissed off.

Who can I get to check my CEL fix now that Scoobysport have stopped trading - no doubt the new owners won't be interested.

Cheers

Chris