Notices

Turbo Gauge + Turbo Timer, What Are They For?!?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2004, 09:38 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Gauge + Turbo Timer, What Are They For?!?

Hi everyone, i have just purchased a STI Ver 4 Type R and have a Turbo gauge on the steering column and under it a HKS Turbo Timer i think it's called, its deffo HKS.
Firstly what does the turbo gauge show and what should it be showing???
and Secondly what does the Turbo Timer do, it has a 'memory,' 'Up,' and 'Down,' button, there is a fourth but i cant remember what it says. So anyone out there who can tel me what they do and what to do for what, im totally lost!!!

Any help greatfully appreceated
Old 21 April 2004, 10:05 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ver.4
Hi everyone, i have just purchased a STI Ver 4 Type R and have a Turbo gauge on the steering column and under it a HKS Turbo Timer i think it's called, its deffo HKS.
Firstly what does the turbo gauge show and what should it be showing???
and Secondly what does the Turbo Timer do, it has a 'memory,' 'Up,' and 'Down,' button, there is a fourth but i cant remember what it says. So anyone out there who can tel me what they do and what to do for what, im totally lost!!!

Any help greatfully appreceated
Im no expert on this stuff., but the turbo guage should be telling you exactly what boost you are pushing out at any time. Therefore when you are flooring it at approx 4-6k rpm it should be showing the most boost. Never had a boost guage but it should be showing it in bar or maybe psi. I think a standard scooby is set to approx 1.2bar of peak boost but again I could be out here.

The turbo timer will leave your engine running for a period of time after you turn off the ignition. This is to leave your turbo cool down a bit, as turning off your engine straightaway after stopping is bad news for your turbo, especially if you have been flooring it.

I have a blitz turbo timer that assesses how hard you have been driving and leaves the engine on for an appropriate time.

Thanks,

Ian.

P.S. There are a lot of people on here who could give a much more accurate, technical explanation!!