STARTING TO PANIC!

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2004, 01:42 PM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STARTING TO PANIC!

High everyone,

I own an import my94 wrx. I bought the car a year ago which already had a full blitz exhaust system and an induction kit (dont know what make). I immediately fitted a high flow downpipe and have been driving it like this hard for a year, always using optimax. I recently found scoobynet and started to read and learn. The more I read the more I **** myself. All I read is if you dont do this and that it will blow. I am hitting the fuel cut quite alot is this doing any damage? Could you please help to make my car safe as my headgasket is being done as I type and I cant afford any more problems. Have I been lucky so far? I was planning a scoobyecu soon but then read about Dawes device, AFR meter, Knocklinks etc. Im totaly lost and my head is spinning. What do I need to do and in what order? Is my car safe to drive as it is? Please help me sleep at night and enjoy driving my car rather than being paranoid as hell whenever I put my foot down.

All help will be very greatfully recieved!
Old 09 March 2004, 02:11 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Knocklink would be a high priority. Either fit or have fitted a Scoobyecu as this will make the car safer on 98Ron fuel due to revised fuel/Ignition/Boost Maps. Until a scoobyecu is fitted it would be advisable to be adding Octane Booster as the car will be set up to run on Jap fuel (100Ron). Then Fit a a Lambdalink to keep an eye on the fuelling. The scoobyecu will also cure the fuel cut problem

Cheers
Old 09 March 2004, 04:27 PM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Cheerz I will start looking around and install these bits. Whats the difference between the two scoobyecu's on the shop and which would be best suited? How easy are all these parts to install especialy the ecu? Are the Dawes and AFR not needed with these mods? Whats a lambdalink? Is it pricey?
Old 10 March 2004, 01:45 AM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Wink

The scoobyecu can be mapped for different boost targets which of course is dependant on the limit of the MAP sensor and other modifications. Fitting the scoobyecu depends on whether your ECU has the 28pin Eprom holder fitted as shown below:-

If you remove the cover on your ECU and the 28pin holder is missing you will need one soldered to the main board(This would only be advisable if you are good with a soldering iron) If you already have the 28pin holder then fitting is simple shown HERE . If the socket is missing and you don't want to solder the holder to the board you can send your ECU to either David Wallis or Pavlo(They supply the Scoobyecu) and they will fit the holder and board for you. The Dawes is not really required with the scoobyecu as the standard boost control loop is still used with the chip but with an enhanced boost map. The Lambdalink is an AFR and gives an indication of what is going on with regards to fuelling and is available along with the Knocklink from HERE

Cheers
Old 10 March 2004, 09:41 AM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Brilliant. Much clearer now. Thanx for all your help.