Notices

The final buff

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2001, 08:55 PM
robman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been using wax wizard cleanse and subaru wax. Looks great but I have a couple of questions:

(1) I put the wax on, wipe once, wait for a bit then buff it off, but the first thing that happens is I get loads of little dull spots, and it seems like I have to rub quite hard to get rid of them (this is after using cleanse so it should be clean). Am I doing something wrong?

(2) Once out in the sunlight I notice that there are loads of wipe marks that look like paint swirls. I can buff them off again, but is there a particularly good cloth to use to avoid getting them in the first place? I was using the terry cloths, then a clean duster to buff it.

Thanks

r
Old 26 May 2001, 05:06 PM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Cool

robman

The best person to answer your question is the Wizard himself ( Mark Underwood ) but he's away on a job all weekend. Best drop him a line on Tuesday. I'm about to go home now and wash my Scoob, ready for the big "cleanse n buff" tomorrow ! First time with the W.W
Old 28 May 2001, 09:11 AM
IainT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Robman
I've found this only happens if I put too much wax on and then buff off with a towel that has been used before, i.e: has wax on it already. I always use a terry towel for buffing rather than a cloth and have plenty of them, as soon as I begin to see the 'swirl' marks you describe, I use a clean towel and that does the trick.
I find 'a little and often' with the waxing rather than one big dollop a month is the best way, that and 'quickfinish' which is superb.
Hope this helps in Marks absence.
Cheers
Iain
Old 28 May 2001, 09:58 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ive been using the ww cleaner/wax which is a bit of an all in one, gives an excellent shine- anyone else used this as i want to know if the shine is even better with "proper" wax

tiggs