Notices

Important: for those that removed the resonator box

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2001, 04:40 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Well, you might want to consider refitting them I know I certainly will.

Don't ask how & why, but we noticed that in heavy rain / spray the MAF sensor can get pretty confused ...

We were doing some on-road mapping in Germany, and suddenly saw the mixture go incredibly lean at 6.400 rpm (about 2 CO instead of the 9 we were aiming for ! ) when we were driving past a truck. The water just washed the panel filter's oil onto the sensor, causing it to read crap values. This was confirmed with a select monitor and a LambdaLink.

Believe me or not, at least you have been warned. Your car will stay healthier (and sneeze less at liftoff

Theo [I'm serious]

Old 30 March 2001, 07:01 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Gotta admit I ain't suprised, people had reported the need for more cleaning of the filter after this 'mod' a fair while back. Thanks for posting this Theo 'cos I think it's something people should definitely bear in mind when looking for 'cheap' thrills.
Best Regards
Chuck
Old 29 May 2001, 11:30 AM
SSE
Scooby Regular

Those of you out there who have removed your resonator and been running 1000's of kms happily afterwards, have you done anything else to the intake of the airbox? Ie cutting off the lower part of the resonator box and refitting the ducting taking air from the original intake behind right light cluster or similar?

I removed the resonator yesterday.
It was raining heavily when I got out this morning, and on opening the bonnet I noticed that water(drops) can actually run from the opening ('shutline') between the bonnet and the wing and down along the right hand bulkhead next to the airbox and into the intake.
It's an easy task to avoid this, simply fit a small rubber pipe stub from the box through the bulkhead - but have you all done this, or??

Maybe it's just me being over-nervous about those small drops of water...

Regards,
Simen.