Notices

WRX Headlight indicators

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2001, 12:17 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mate! Welcome to the hell that is the BBS (just kidding). Be prepared for some stick for daring to own a MY01 WRX!!

Ive got one with the clear white indicators and can see what you mean - its all clear and then theres an orange bulb to spoil it!!

The honest answer is "i dont know" but can you please post your finding again when you find out!!

Youll love your car mate - it will need a fair amount of loosening up - we all notice poor MPG until about 3000miles.

If you want more power, get a scoobysport full exhaust (£780) or wait for the PPP if you want a warenty!!! The handlings awesome!!

Ive also had the full carbon fibre kit (wicked!), strut brace and boost gauge (doesnt match other dials) along with leather interior (well worth it!) and a furry dice!!

Have fun and let us know how you get on!!

Jza
Old 12 April 2001, 11:48 AM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi
Please be genlte, first post!

I am waiting for delivery of my first ever Scooby, a MY01

I have started to buy white indicators and reflectors etc. I have looked at the new headlights and have noticed that the indicator, uses a white bulb with a orange plastic cover that appears to be built in.

Does anyone know if you can remove this plastic cover and replace the buld with one of those new Osram pearlescent bulbs that are clear to look at but illuminate orange?

No matter what angle you look at the new headlights they look orange at the top and I think they would look at least a little bit better if they were clear.

Thanks
Nathan...

P.S Am I the only one who hates working late shifts into the evening ?