Help needed - newbie from Portugal

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2003, 03:19 PM
apinto
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Cheers,

first of all sorry for my bad english. second i want to say that this is the best impreza forum i´ve ever seen. i´ve been here for some time now so i know that there are people who know how i can fix some problems in my impreza my97.

So here it goes...

first problem: my car is overboosting. doing about 1.28 bar and then...boom...serious boost cut. i was told that this pressure increase was done directly in the wastegate. ok...so how i fix it? is there any problem in running this kind of pressure in a standard my97 engine? i was told that the 97 model had a solenoid problem...there´s an bhp hole between 4000rpm and 4500rppm...is this true?

second problem: i have bilstein shocks, front and rear strut bar and 8x17 wheels and wearing 215/45 tyres. my question: why doesn´t it run nice and clean? always worried with the rear of the car...why does it not stay glued to the ground? even at low speed i have problems. major bug this one...

third problem: got tarox 6 pot calipper with a 328mm disc. why does it not brake??? and that abs system...urggghhhh. help?

I would apreciate very much if someone could lend me some knowledge. u see...things here in portugal are not easy. we have no dealer assistance and no impreza tuners. i just love this car but since i´ve bought i´ve spent tones of money and i don´t see results. wish i could buy one of yours...always so clean and nice...but the wheel is on the right and here we have it on the left...damn.

anyway...sorry if my post is boring but i really need some help.

Stay nice...stay alive.

A.Pinto
Old 14 April 2003, 10:33 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Hi There, can't help but thought I would say hello and push this back to the top
Old 15 April 2003, 02:58 PM
apinto
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks rusty.
Old 15 April 2003, 10:46 PM
ganite
Scooby Newbie

I cant help either but thought I would also push
it to the top... someone help the guy!!

alan
Old 15 April 2003, 11:26 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Overboost - consider oil in the restrictor or solenoid/pipework, also consider the bore of the restrictor. If you search in Drivetrain and General technical for restrictor and overboost you'll find dozens of threads on this. Try posting the other queries in the relevant brakes/suspension forums.
Old 16 April 2003, 10:08 AM
apinto
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers,

thanks for the info people. i´ll take that in mind. i´ll post the other problems in the respective forum.

regards,

a.pinto.