Notices

problem with pressure sensor duty soleniod.....need lot of help

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2003, 03:17 PM
wan seng foo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

i drove a my95 sti2 impreza and i had a fault in code 45 which is a pressure sensor duty soleniod.may i know how do i solve this problem?and for the boost soleniod,the last pipe connect to the airbox or the throttle body?

i also have some overboost problem,up to 1.5 bar?is this normal?i had change my td05 actuactor to a td04 actuator,is this what causing my overboost problem?this is because my td05 actuactor not functioning.

and one last question,can i reset my ecu which is a japan aftermarket ecu,JSPEED.will this erase all the memory set by the japanese?

i am new with my car,so hoping for some help here.
thanx in advance
Old 12 February 2003, 03:51 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I had a code 45 error on Saturday (on a UK MY96)

It was the solenoid, and it simply required cleaning. I took the solenoid apart completely, but I wouldn't recomend doing that, as it took a long while to find the little spring that flew out!

A more sensible method of cleanig could be:

You can connect the green connectors under the dash and turn the key to the on position to put the car into a test mode. Be careful of the fans, as they will start and stop. Also, the solenoids will click. Spray brake cleaner or carb cleaner into the pressure solenoid while it's clicking (it's the one right on the top of the right hand wheel arch solenoid assembly.) It is best to remove the pipes, and the little black cap thing from the solenoid when you clean it. The pipes and black things would benefit from cleaning as well.

Make sure you remember how everything goes back together!!

As for the overboost & other issues, I'm not sure...

As far as I'm aware, the aftermarket ECU bits for pre 97 Scoobs consisted of a ROM chip that plugged into the standard ECU. Resetting it wouldn't erase the data on it, it would only reset the fault codes and the amount of ignition advance the car thinks it can safely run (which it will relearn quite quickly)

There's people here who know much more than me, so hopefully they will answer as well...
Old 13 February 2003, 05:46 PM
wan seng foo
Scooby Newbie

thanx for your information, i will try it.anyway what is the black cap thing?where it locate?

and one more thing ,can you tell me what the configuration of the 3 pipe of the soleniod?accoding to my car is
first pipe = from the turbo
second pipe = to the actuactor
third pipe = to the airbox
is this configuration correct???
Old 13 February 2003, 09:26 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

The brown thing is the solenoid for the MAP sensor. The black cap bit can be (just) seen on the left hand side of the solenoid.

I will check the wastegate solenoid plumbing the next time I look in the bonnet. (Will be probably tomorrow or Friday)

[Edited by dnb - 2/13/2003 9:28:19 PM]
Old 13 February 2003, 10:27 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

clean the solenoid and first of all, check if all hoses not split at the end.

you should be boosting at 1bar, 1.5 is way over. try to spray brake cleaner thru the gold cylindrical thingy (boost soleniod) and clean all the hoses.

the layout of the hoses as u described should also be correct.

try this and see if it cures the problem.
Old 14 February 2003, 02:04 PM
wan seng foo
Scooby Newbie

the soleniod had been clean,ecu had been reset.now my boost go down to 1.2 bar,and hopefully it will stay that way,hihihii.will push it harder when go down the highway,to ensure the boost stay constant

anyway guys thanx for your help.....

happy motoring.