Notices

storage of my pride and joy

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2003, 06:56 PM
wrxjoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
I am off to the middle east probably in the next day or two, for possibly six months :-(.

Hoping some of you might have a few suggestions as to what I should do to the car before I leave (lots of people have been ever so kind and suggested I leave it with them - I think maybe not). Obviously hope I get enough notice for me to give the salt a thorough wash off. Not sure if I should disconnect the battery or not, what with the alarm problems that might cause, then again will the alarm flatten the battery anyhow?
I am due an oil change but thought I'd leave that till I get back. This made me wonder if this next one is a good idea; I'm thinking that as the oil will have drained down into the sump, I could remove the drain plug straight away without running and thus warming it up, avoiding sending any debris in the oil back round the engine?
Jacking the car up and putting it on blocks leaving the wheels off the ground, is not an easy thing to do, due to lack of space in the garage. hopefully the tyres will be ok?
So if anybody has any other ideas I really would appreciate it.