Notices

URGENT TECH ADVICE PLS - ENGINE MALFUNCTION LIGHT WRX

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2002, 12:08 PM
met
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this should be in some technical chat area but I need some urgent advice please,

New Age WRX last night on the motorway & the Engine Malfunction Light Came on, no loss of power or any other signs, pulled over & left the car for about 10 mins restarted & the light was still on, drove home very slowly , checked the book & the light is the orange pic of the engine,Malfunction Light the book says that it is to do with the OBD, On Board Diagnositc to do with the emmision control system, the book says that there must a prob with the emmision sensor/comtrol ----- BUT i have a Scoobysport Down Pipe, Middle & Back box, the only cat in place is the up pipe, the car had the O2 thingy done by ScoobySport too & has been fine as that resets the O2 thing on the OBD. There is another but, the car went in for a service 20k at the Subaru main dealer on Monday (last) & I havent really driven it that much since, poss about 200 miles?
So did they reset the computer to the factory settings so its now telling me that theres a problem with the cats? or what,surely they would have noticed the exhaust? is the light to be ignored til i can get in touch with Scoobysport or Subaru on Monday, has anyone else had this, thanks for reading or any advice.
cheers