Notices

WONT START WHEN WARM! HELP !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2002, 08:13 PM
D.J SI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I HAVE A MY95 UK TURBO.Drives and pulls lovely in every gear,but when i start up from cold and do a short trip steadily turn off and return to it 5 to 10 minutes later it wont start, just turns over and over, if i leave another 5 to 10 minutes itll start first time,or will also start if i push and jump it. anyone got any ideas CHEERS SI
Old 12 November 2002, 09:06 PM
shiper
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Mine does the same.
Its a my95 wagon with a few mods. I took out some sensors and cleaned them but it still does it.
Some one said it could be the temp sensor telling the ecu its could when its warm but i dont know where it is.
Hope this helps.
Old 12 November 2002, 09:24 PM
D.J SI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks, ill get it changed and see what happens. its becoming an imbarrasment now as well,just drove from my house to kebab van about 2 miles. que of about 6 people when i left, 4 to 5 commenting on what a nice car it was then bloody thing wouldnt start. i went as red as the car, then 2 of them pushed it jumped straight away. ill let you know outcome when changed CHEERS SI
Old 13 November 2002, 12:28 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Might be cam or crank sensor too..

Have you check the Check Engine Light history?

Check out http://www.saxonfields.freeserve.co....iag%20Page.htm

Also assuming you still have the cats you shouldn't push start it as fuel leaks into the exhaust and ignites burning the cat out..

JGM
Old 13 November 2002, 06:29 PM
D.J SI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one ill try this are the black jumper leads the ones under dash , 4 plugs hanging there drivers side.thanks for advice on cats as well i am planning on de catting but realise i might need them for m.o.t or resale so best not jump it anymore cheers.
Old 13 November 2002, 06:40 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes sounds like the ones.. two are green and two are black..

I'll email you some other info I have.

JGM
Old 14 November 2002, 10:59 AM
jmca
Scooby Regular

SI / shiper,

I had this happen about two years - used to p!$$ me of no end when you pull up on the forecourt of a petrol station (completely forgetting that the same situation happened a few days ago). Turn the ignition off - fill up & then rememeber & HOPE it'll start.

Happened when I got it washed the first time - thought yer man had soaked something & was about to give him hell but thought - maybe it's the car & didn't.

Everytime I would have to leave it for about 15 minutes & try again - usually it'd start then. It was really intermittent.

When I read the codes - it came up 11 which is the Crankshaft position sensor. This can be found relatively under the alternator.

The site given above is good at showing you the codes & the whereabouts of the various sensors.

It's not that hard to change at all - but read the codes & make sure it's the offending sensor before buying one. I got my hands on a used one. These can be got from the likes of http://www.midland-impreza.com for £40 used.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards

Johny.

[Edited by jmca - 11/14/2002 11:04:26 AM]