Notices

FUSED

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2002, 12:02 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please dont put this post in electrical as Im sure nobody goes in there! I had to take the centre console out with the Cig lighter, ashtray and stereo etc. Once I put it all back in I couldnt get the stereo to work seems no power to it. Although the Cig lighter is fine. I went over all the wires individualy but they all seemed fine. Ive just noticed that the interior Light does not work at all either, so probably a fuse that they both share. There are two fuse boxes on my car one in the engine bay and one on the right hand side of the drivers footwell. I take it I will have to try all the fuses as the writing is in Japanese but I thought maybe someone knows the fuse number for the stereo/interior light. The car is an 1996 Sti RA.
Ta muchly

Also ive noticed that sometimes if I get out of the car and leave the door open for say 5 minutes all the other doors lock automaticaly apart from mine, is this supposed to happen ??
Old 11 September 2002, 12:56 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Jaay,

Don't know if this helps as I have a uk MY99 but had a similarish problem.
Basically I noticed that my interior light didn't work on the drivers door and if I de activated the alarm, opened only the drivers door and didn't start the engine all the doors would lock and the alarm re-activate after a couple of minutes.
The alarm is supposed to re-activate if no doors are opened within a period of time. (To stop yer sprog deactivating the alarm when yer not looking)
I surmised that the alarm must be wired to the interior light and when I checked out the wiring I found that the drivers door has a differnt colour cable on the door switch to all the others. (Still haven't worked out what it's for)
Anyway don't know if it helps but I can check out the Uk fuse box tonight and let you know. I do know it's on the interior fuse box.
Old 11 September 2002, 01:11 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

K, Ta Heaps.
Anyone else ??
Old 11 September 2002, 06:59 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 11 September 2002, 10:38 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

In case anyone has this problem, I shall post my finding. I spent an hour, convinced that if the problem was fuse related which all the symptoms pointed to, then the fuse must be in the Cabin. After check all connections and every fuse in the box I checked the fuse box in the engine bay and typicaly thats where the dirty begger was. Everything right as rain

Old 12 September 2002, 12:46 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just noticed the thread.. was going to check my fuse box (uk car) and hope it said on there which was which..

Glad you got it sorted though.

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:42 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Red face

Jaay, sorry for pointing u in the wrong direction. In my defence though the fuse for the radio is in the cabin on a MY99 UK. It's number 9 in case anyone thinks I'm making it up (Just feeling guilty for you wasting an hour). Glad u got sorted in the end
Old 12 September 2002, 06:41 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

Put your apologies away! All posts are well received . I wasnt just going by your recomendation as I too thought that interior electrical would be in the cabin but then if theres a long way to do things Im guarenteed to find it.

Ta heaps for that anyway