Notices

2010 Legacy Diesel Tourer S - Warning lights (DPF etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2021, 07:19 PM
Merlin2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Legacy Diesel Tourer S - Warning lights (DPF etc)

Hi, I have a 2010 Legacy Diesel Tourer S. I have owned it from new and it has now done about 135,000 miles. I had the following warning lights come on a few days ago: Engine Management, DPF, Traction light, parking brake light. All lights solid except for the DPF light which is flashing. The warning lights all came on at the same time.

I have had DPF only lights in the past and these have been cleared by a dealer doing regens.

I had the fault codes read at an independent garage who do deal with Subarus. Key codes seem to be P1469 (DPF) and C0231 & C0242 (parking brake). Photos of the codes displayed on the code reader below. Their recommendation was to take it to a Subaru dealer as they are not keen to deal with DPFs. Don't think they are particularly keen on diesel Subarus!

Car drives OK, possibly a little down on power, but certainly not in limp mode. Electronic parking brake works with manual release, but not with auto release.

DPF getting blocked is quite feasible, but wondering if there could be a single fault that has generated the codes and warning lights. Grateful for any insights into the logic behind the warning lights displayed. Thanks