What induction kit fits with fmic hard pipes fitted

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2020, 01:44 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What induction kit fits with fmic hard pipes fitted

Hi.

Im in the market for a new induction kit on my spec c Hawkeye.
It currently has a inner wing kit on it that needs changing as I'm convinced it was the main reason why my turbo has give up on me, so I have a new turbo now along with new oil an filter. Gaskets and studs.
I would like to install a typhoon k and n kit from scooby World or something like that.

But my question is will a typhoon kit fit with the perrin front mount intercooler hard pipes going over the top?

And does anyone know if I'd need a remap if I switch from an inner wing kit to a typhoon kit?

Or if anyone has a better option I should be looking into then please feel free to educate me... Thankyou.
Old 20 April 2020, 01:55 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

I use to run the RCM induction set up on my Subaru with a Perrin front mount intercooler and in all honesty,after running quite a few air filtration setups the RCM in my opinion is the best.SJ.

The following 2 users liked this post by stonejedi:
Old 20 April 2020, 01:57 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
I use to run the RCM induction set up on my Subaru with a Perrin front mount intercooler and in all honesty,after running quite a few air filtration setups the RCM in my opinion is the best.SJ.
Sweet as my brother ill look into that setup right now.
Cheers mate
The following 2 users liked this post by Cheddabreeze84:
Old 20 April 2020, 02:22 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Just spoke to the one of the lads at rcm and they couldn't really advise me on which one of their kits will actually fit under the intercooler pipes they was saying it was a case of trial and error but I ain't going down that route of buying multiple kits of them eff that...

All I want is something thats gonna be similar to the inner wing kit that's already on the car so I don't have to remap it.

​​​​​But I don't really want my filter all the way down by the front of the bumper because it gets mad dirty so I'd prefer to run a cold feed up the wing to a filter under the bonnet with a heat shield preferably that will fit under the intercooler pipes.

Can anyone be specific on which kit will deffo fit so I can get this right first time round...

Thanks a lot guys.
Old 20 April 2020, 02:32 PM
matt-c
Scooby Regular

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

The trouble is every front mount install is slightly different in terms of exactly how the pipes run and clearence in different areas.

So it's normally a bit of a case of making what you have fit.
The following users liked this post:
Old 20 April 2020, 02:52 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt-c
The trouble is every front mount install is slightly different in terms of exactly how the pipes run and clearence in different areas.

Yeah your right mate. I'm gonna do a bit of measuring and get back to the lads at RCM... I'm sure we can work something out... Thanks mate
Old 20 April 2020, 03:07 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt-c

RCM and matt-c are right,when your installing your induction kit around your intercooler pipework a lot of it is just moving the pipes and hoses until you have a orientation that suits your intended positioning,i don't think that the sales person at RCM was trying to make you buy all the filter sizes Loool I just think that he was just making you aware that it's not as simple as just screwing it on even though its not very hard to fit at all..I still highly recommend the RCM induction setup....Wing air filter kits are Sh1te and just suck up everything that your wheels spin up,even when used with a filter sock protection,blocking the dirt and air both at the same time.SJ.
Old 20 April 2020, 04:00 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

another thumbs up for the rcm kit, tried and tested many times over
Old 20 April 2020, 08:08 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
RCM and matt-c are right,when your installing your induction kit around your intercooler pipework a lot of it is just moving the pipes and hoses until you have a orientation that suits your intended positioning,i don't think that the sales person at RCM was trying to make you buy all the filter sizes Loool I just think that he was just making you aware that it's not as simple as just screwing it on even though its not very hard to fit at all..I still highly recommend the RCM induction setup....Wing air filter kits are Sh1te and just suck up everything that your wheels spin up,even when used with a filter sock protection,blocking the dirt and air both at the same time.SJ.
yeah your right I can't feckin stand the ****ty wing kit that's on it, it gets filthy,
thanks for helping me out mate I'll get one ordered from RCm tonight.
is it worth getting one with a heatsheild and still have a cold supply hose installed close by or is that just a myth?
Old 20 April 2020, 08:22 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cheddabreeze84
yeah your right I can't feckin stand the ****ty wing kit that's on it, it gets filthy,
thanks for helping me out mate I'll get one ordered from RCm tonight.
is it worth getting one with a heatsheild and still have a cold supply hose installed close by or is that just a myth?
I use a in-panel windage tray with a hose running from the foglight it works extremely well,anything that can help you get cold air up to your airfilter for your turbo to suck up is a positive.SJ.
Old 23 April 2020, 03:49 PM
Cheddabreeze84
Scooby Regular

All sorted now so thanks a lot for helping me out lads I appreciate it..

I took your advice stonejedi and got in touch with RCM and purchased their 80mm mafless induction kit and am very happy.
I couldn't recommend RCM enough to be honest
Well and truly sorted me out. Very friendly, patient and super helpful... 10/10 for RCM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cheddabreeze84: