Rcm exhaust fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2019, 09:22 AM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rcm exhaust fitment

Morning peeps,
does any one know if the Rcm team ice would be to loud still if mates up to a milltek 3inch which I have with a resonated down pipe, sports cat in the centre and resonated centre section too ? I like the look of the team ice but of cause it can’t be run like that decatted as silly loud but wounded seeing as I have two resonators and a sports cat is there a chance this would be a nice anti social volume ?
Old 07 September 2019, 03:55 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

why buy the loudest exhaust out there and then try and make it quieter ??? ,, just but another back box with the same tip ,, job done
Old 07 September 2019, 05:11 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Because I like the look/ track style for the way I’m going with my car and I don’t like /want huge jap cans , and I don’t like anti social loud systems, and seeing as milltek do not currently make a 3inch silencer any more I have now a full milltek for the twin scroll with out a back box. And there isn’t much choice of 3inch rear boxes out there.
So ive asked Rcm and awaiting feedback if there silencer m/ tail sections fit so I thought I’d ask if any one tried a team ice with a couple of resonators ?
Old 08 September 2019, 07:07 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby kid
Because I like the look/ track style for the way I’m going with my car and I don’t like /want huge jap cans , and I don’t like anti social loud systems, and seeing as milltek do not currently make a 3inch silencer any more I have now a full milltek for the twin scroll with out a back box. And there isn’t much choice of 3inch rear boxes out there.
So ive asked Rcm and awaiting feedback if there silencer m/ tail sections fit so I thought I’d ask if any one tried a team ice with a couple of resonators ?

most back boxes should fit and iv seen plently of 3" ones out there ,,,, saying you like the track style look doesn't make sense either as you only see the tail pipe not the silencer it uses so fitting a team ice or any other RCM back box would look exactly the same once fitted. (slash cut tail pipe) so going for the loudest one out of any exhausts on the market doesn't really make sense if you dont want a anti social exhaust as its the most anti social money can buy ,,,, if you want the look why not just buy one of the other RCM exhausts with the slash cut tip that they use on the team ice as its just there normal tip welded onto a strait pipe for the team ice
Old 08 September 2019, 08:57 AM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

I’ve emailed Rcm about both silencers , awaiting a response. I was just curious if any one tried using the team ice with resonators and if it was a nice volume . Plus like I said milltek system uses different length sections so I can not simply go and buy a off the shelf box with out knowing just like the Rcm ones are they don’t just bolt up to the standard exhausts lengths . So I’m waiting to hear if the Rcm silencers was the same length as a milltek so there inter changeable as I’d like to keep my current system just require a new silencer and milltek do NOT offer MSSUB128 section any more. Leaving me with out a silencer Currently.
Plus the Rcm silencers are angled so you do see the box or lack off on the team ice which looks smart but silly loud on its own. Most people run non res systems with just a back box I was trying to work out if running it in reverse seeing as I already have 2 resonators and the sports cat could work and be different..