Classic STI questions/considerations

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2019, 12:18 PM
Kris2003sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic STI questions/considerations

Hi All,

I ran a Blob STI UK for 2.5 years, loved it but moved onto an RS4 which I will be keeping, however I can't deny a classic (pref wagon) STI is something I'd love to own. I'm keen to understand any classic owners experience on part supply as this concerns me a little based on these cars all being 20+ years old now.

Rust is obviously something to stay on top of but any other pointers in addition to my question around part supply would be welcomed!

Thanks in advance. :-)
Old 17 July 2019, 07:04 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Impreza classics are well supported with aftermarket/tuning parts and all servicing components/fluids are readily available. Things like body panels and interior parts are also relatively easy to get a hold off, especially second hand via breakers/forums/FB.

Youre right to worry about rust. Short of getting a fresh import from southern Japan you could almost put money on any prospective cars having some/a little. Areas to look out for would be the rear arches. If it’s showing rust outside it’s more than likely going to have come from the inner arches. There’s also the rear suspension turrets and sills to consider.