Notices

Deleting TGV's / Fault Code...

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2018, 12:26 AM
Kaosone
Scooby Regular

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Deleting TGV's / Fault Code...

Am I right in thinking if I remove the motors from my tumble generator valves & swap them out for some gutted & welded ones the car won't go into limp mode provided the motors are still connected to the loom.

So it'll won't throw up a fault code up so I can drive it to get the (potential) fault code removed, then disconnect the motors & reap the rewards after remapping

Cheers,
Stuart
Old 24 December 2018, 10:19 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

IIRC, the flaps are spring loaded (and I think the other end isn't a motor but a location sensor), and if you take them apart and connect them together outside the housing then they won't be in the right location, so probably still raise an error code.

​​​​​​I do think, however, that there would be enough space for a second set of tgv housings next to the original ones, so you could run two housings and connect the connectors to the "spare" housings hung to the side of the engine.
Old 24 December 2018, 11:13 AM
Kaosone
Scooby Regular

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik
IIRC, the flaps are spring loaded (and I think the other end isn't a motor but a location sensor), and if you take them apart and connect them together outside the housing then they won't be in the right location, so probably still raise an error code.

​​​​​​I do think, however, that there would be enough space for a second set of tgv housings next to the original ones, so you could run two housings and connect the connectors to the "spare" housings hung to the side of the engine.
I see, so connect up the stock set & just cable tie them out the way somewhere... That'll work, thanks for that

Next up to find someone who can knock teh code out for me