Notices

Oil control...baffled accusump or what else?

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2017, 06:26 PM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil control...baffled accusump or what else?

Hi all

My car finally seems to be handling a. It better and even in todays conditions when it dried up on mallory my cornering speeds started to drastically increase once id fiddled with the suspension

now i dont want my wngine to pop odues to oil surge so what is the most reasonable way of mitigating locking up a cylinder or having a surge

obviously a dry sunp would be nice but the peice tag is slightly excessive for the amount the car is used and the value of the car

i dont even have an oil pressure gauge fitted which i think iv put off as it would be another thing to worry me and i have not experienced any issues so far bug it has worried me for a while

so realistically what is my best option...accusump or what baffle or sump
Combination? How much and where from

tjink i should fit an oil cooler while im at it to...any recommendations on that...row size and thermostatic or not?

cheers
Old 04 January 2018, 07:36 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the accusump and baffled sump are both half measures if your a serious track driver-although road tyres are unlikely to generate enough g to destroy your engine in the short term-
would advise getting half decent gauges fitted though-as the oil temps rise -the oil pressure reduces giving less protection all round-with just the standard modinethe fitted oil temps will just keep going up and up on track-

be very careful how you run the oil lines if you fit an oil cooler -the take-off is right next to the front header crossover pipe -dont forget a thermostatic sandwich plate or your oil temps will never get over 70 degrees on the road-
Old 05 January 2018, 09:35 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No experience of acu sump but like yourself I've been getting a bit faster through the twisties and have taken the baffled route.
I've just done a twin scroll group n conversion on my gc8. The "kicked" design of the oil pan compared to the single scroll and looks like oil has less room to move away from the pick up pipe, group n insert obviously aids the oil return.
If you're fitting a cooler check that it's compatible with your oil pump. It will be my next job.
Old 06 January 2018, 03:21 PM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

KillerB sump, pick-up and windage tray.

http://bbs.22b.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=killer

Plus this if necessary:
http://www.killerbmotorsport.net/oil...rol-valve.html

Last edited by 2pot; 06 January 2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06 January 2018, 05:14 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Get your own sump properly baffled, alyn and some other do it. Just weild the edges up to stop it sloshing out etc.