Notices

Prodrive Mods

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2016, 12:34 PM
Urabus McBoost
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Mods

Just recently purchased my first Subaru. After a 4 hour drive to pick it up I was a bit miffed to find it had a few modifications it wasnt advertised with. Altho it came with all of the standard bits I after a bog standard PPP WRX ideally.

First thing I noticed was it overboosts sometimes in 5th if you plant it. Then after playing with my mate in his CRX i noticed I was only spiking at 16psi in 3rd and holding 15psi with quite a bit of fluctuation/boost flutter. Might just need the gfb2 EBC setting up properly (downloaded the manual for it)

Or should I just do away with it completely? Standard ebcs is still under the bonnet and got the vac lines here with the restrictor pill. Just worried the standard controller might be duff hence for the need of an upgrade?

Also its got a full stainless system. Standard headers and Prodrive back box. Could this be the reason its overboosting in higher gears? With the larger diameter exhaust?

Then its got a forge DV too with a big boost hose capped under neath it. Is this why it chatters under 3.5k and dumps after? Is this doing any harm?

Lastly Ive noticed down in the rats nest of vacuum hoses underneath the inlet manifold one of the vacuum hoses are disconnected, after a bit of research it seems its the vent for the fuel tank? Would that be why the tank seems pressurised when I go to fill it up?

Name:  13522062_1015640418504588_2332486683271306611_n_zpsbyjfbbos.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  62.1 KB

Can see the hose disconnected there and the blue bit I think its supposed to be connected to in the back ground. Why would this be not connected? Just accidental or something else?

Any information on anything would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea which direction to go with it. Cheers

Urabus McBoost