Notices

Boost issues

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2016, 05:44 PM
Kris Brandie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost issues

Hi all ill start from the begining. I have a 93 wrx import when i bought it it was dynod at 310bhp and was very quick then i had head gasket issues and a friend had a bolck with a good hg on it so just swapped the block and kept everything else. It used to run at 1.1 bar but now its hitting .4-.5 bar and on occasion gets upto about .9 bar theres no flash codes and surprisingly its still on the u8 ecu. I have no idea how its managed to make 310bhp on that ecu tthoug. Its running a tdo5 with dumpvalve hks filter kakimoto titanium exhasut 3" decat alloy radiator pfr7b plugs was told iit has yellow injectors fitted but havent had a proper look at them.
Old 16 June 2016, 07:04 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

were the head gaskets not replaced when you switched the block?

Also, the readout you have sounds suspiciously like my dads did before i had the engine rebuilt.

Not trying to upset you at all but if you bought the car with a printout then chances are its not true, plus head gaskets need replacing regardless of how old they are.

Sounds to me like you need to replace both gaskets and have a proper rolling road session. Only use someone reputable, lots of cowboys about.
Old 16 June 2016, 07:07 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

plus if it has yellow 440's you will be able to see the color on the collar from the fuel rail. Perhaps they are incorrectly seated which is very common.
Also what type of dump valve do you have? Is it leaking?
I had the exact same problems with my classic when i inherited it from my father and I ended up with a 5k forged rebuild from API engineering. Top job but raped the wallet.
Old 16 June 2016, 07:40 PM
Kris Brandie
Scooby Regular

Hi thanks for the reply i should have explained better it was complete block heads with gaskets all good to go. The dumpvalve is some nameless thing but was thinking about blanking it off as ive uerd the td05s can handle the strain yeah admitedly i did buy it with pprintous but i came from a 350bho twin turbo 300zx and the scooby is def quicker than that was so id def say its around the 300bhp or atleast it was lol
Old 19 June 2016, 11:00 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kris Brandie
Hi thanks for the reply i should have explained better it was complete block heads with gaskets all good to go. The dumpvalve is some nameless thing but was thinking about blanking it off as ive uerd the td05s can handle the strain yeah admitedly i did buy it with pprintous but i came from a 350bho twin turbo 300zx and the scooby is def quicker than that was so id def say its around the 300bhp or atleast it was lol
Have you done a compression check ?